U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 06:53 PM

16,053 posts, read 20,624,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanLivingBeThisHard View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been depressed for a really long time now. I have two children ages 13 and 5, and they are my source of joy. They mean everything to me. I am 36 years old and these 36 years of my life has been filled with sorrow, loneliness, and unsupportive family members that do not understand my depressed situation. I am a military veteran and had a couple of tours in Afghanistan before i finally got out in 2012. I have been on prescribed anti-depressants since then. I get treated through the local Veterans hospital. Although I know I am getting the help I need, I am still depressed and anxious, always. I do not blame the VA. I blame this dark cloud hanging over my head. I try my hardest to help myself but believe me, it gets difficult everyday. I feel as though my depression is being used against me by people who are close to me. My children are the only reason I am keeping myself alive. I am beyond depressed. I can only hope God can comfort me and heal me. I pray everyday and asks God to take this pain away from me because I can't go on with it. I am too weak for this illness. It's been too long of a fight and I have run out of resources that can help me fight through this illness.
I sent you links in a direct message, but I am also posting them here. I hope they help.
Call 2-1-1
Someone To Talk To, Online Therapy & Free Counseling - 7 Cups of Tea
I'm In Crisis - Online Emotional Support
https://www.mentalhealth.gov/get-hel...ans/index.html
Live Chat Now! | Dial Help Community Support & Outreach Center
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 09:59 AM

10,226 posts, read 21,701,336 times
Over 20% of prime age Americans are not working, a level normally seen in a major recession. You are not alone. In my experience getting an interview is more difficult than landing a job used to be. I would recommend getting whatever job you can to keep you busy and not thinking negative thoughts, plus it will give you current coworkers for prospective employers to contact when you apply. While out of work try to maintain a routine, get out and walk at a park or something.

It's very important to run your own race. Other people and other generations had different circumstances, avoid comparing yourself to them. If you think about the people you looked up to as a child I bet most had many life failures. All you can do is your best. If certain people make things worse avoid being around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or