U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 2,968 times

Advertisements

I know it's a dumb move but I'm so tired of this place so depressed can't get a job.
I have no car and don't want to since I have been/seen accidents and so don't care.
I want to get a job as soon as possible my cousin who is 5 years younger than me have all the life I envy, she even got her own place and a man, I feel so worthless.
But I feel it's not my fault that I'm unemployed probably just need to find my niche.
Now I only have about $800, but I need to get employed fast.
I don't want to wait for the recession to over and the way I see it, and I loathe this place so much anyway I want to move.
Maybe if I rent a room because I cannot afford a place of my own, bad credits thanks to those credit companies offered me and scammed me then now I wanted to rent a room that for a month.
then i need to get a job, I am just asking for minimum wage job, not asking for $20/hr.
fast food, housekeeper, babysitter, dog walker etc.

I'm finishing college but I want my mom to retire and I need money because she is retiring soon, I hate to see her work while I sit my but all day doing nothing(don't go out to save money).

What can you advise?
please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 09:18 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,283,615 times
It sounds to me that you are young and still have your whole life ahead of you. It is tough times right now for everyone. First things first. You need a job so that you will have some income coming in. It doesn't have to be a "life" job right now, just one you can get to daily using public transportation. Don't worry if you don't like it, it will not be for forever. Set a deadline, that always helps knowing you have an "out" date. Save your money if you are able to. You will either need to plan to get a car/drive, or you need to plan to get a place of your own on a public transportation line that can take you to a better paying job. In your working life, plan to meet others and make friends/network, this is how to get out of one job into a better job. Also, during your working life you will meet someone, or someones, who you will eventually spend the rest of your life with (husband), and you will have a family if you so desire. Patience is the key here! Time flies by once you hit age 21, anyone will tell you that. If you are a believer, begin praying to the Lord for guidance, strength, wisdom and patience. Stay on the Lords path for you, you will know what to do just by your inner self (if it feels right and comfortable). Patience is the key. You will get to where you want to be soon, although it may take "forever" when you want it NOW. Good Luck and God Bless you.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:08 PM

18,234 posts, read 18,815,911 times
The job market is very tough right now but just start looking everyday. Many stores are hiring extra staff for the holiday rush. Go to the nearest mall, that is on the bus line, and go door to door applying for jobs.

Good luck to you.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:18 PM

26,345 posts, read 84,701,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by againsttheodds View Post

I'm finishing college
Explain. Earning a degree? In what? Why did you chose this major?
Would you consider joining the military?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
begin praying to the Lord for guidance, strength, wisdom and patience. Stay on the Lords path for you, you will know what to do just by your inner self (if it feels right and comfortable). Patience is the key. You will get to where you want to be soon, although it may take "forever" when you want it NOW. Good Luck and God Bless you.

In all of recorded history, praying or wishing or hoping or dreaming has never been known to produce tangible results. What is needed is a plan and an implementation of a plan.

Also, it doesn't do any good to provide wishy washy, empty, baseless, feel good "fortune cookie" statements such as "You will get to where you want to be soon". You have no idea what will happen.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:20 AM

3,697 posts, read 4,283,615 times
I beg to differ. You, sir, are obviously not a Christian. I have experienced many blessings and miracles in my life, I let the Lord guide my path.

I stated to the poster "IF you are a believer.....", so there is no need to pick apart my post. If the OP is a believer, s/he will know what I am talking about. If s/he is not a believer, they will either think about my comment, or brush it aside.

May God bless you, sir.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I have experienced many blessings and miracles in my life.
Yeah right.

It's unlikely your superstitious advice is going to help the original poster who seems to have tangible problems: Depression and Employment. He needs constructive, real life (not hocus pocus) suggestions (which I am trying to provide). He needs a plan, not hope. He needs a way to connect any dots that are out there.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,797,742 times
Search craigslist and choose the area in which you want to find a job, there are different types of jobs that are posted on that website. (Type in google. com search engine: craigslist

Old 10-31-2012, 07:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,968 times
Thanks all for your kind reply yes I'm a believer. But yes don't need to be arguing about it, unfortunately I need a job fast so I've been praying everyday and been so depressed can't get no where.

Military tried- I have mild physical problem, I was devastated when I found out, I was ready too and smiling ear to ear, I just thought "HOPE" then it's gone....

I tried Craigslist but the city where I live it's 13%+ unemployment rate, the jobs are all webcam girls, sorry not going to do that, don't mean to offend anyone but don't preach me about being picky either.

Charles why do you ask what degree? I told an employer what major I'm taking and she sneered at my degree so I'm not going to blurt it out here either.

yes I live in a cynical city, help!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:31 PM

8,632 posts, read 14,224,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
In all of recorded history, praying or wishing or hoping or dreaming has never been known to produce tangible results. What is needed is a plan and an implementation of a plan.

Also, it doesn't do any good to provide wishy washy, empty, baseless, feel good "fortune cookie" statements such as "You will get to where you want to be soon". You have no idea what will happen.
You are realest , and that is telling it as it IS. NO Bull! We need more of that thinking to get up and get going. That really does work, no fairy tails .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health