U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM

12,120 posts, read 29,351,731 times

Advertisements

im dealing with this in my own way and im getting better about it. don't worry she's an adult. and in her 20's i don't want to get into it because im gonna be the bad guy on this thread no matter what i say. i have someone from CD who talks to me about this(a married lady) so im ok now

if you want to know im far less preoccupied about it than i was when i first posted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 PM

35,289 posts, read 43,521,849 times
Is there some reason you cant get friendly with her and get something social going on?
By saying Hi, and escalating the conversation a little bit every day i'm sure by the end of a week you'll be at the "can i buy you a coffee" stage. At least it appears the age difference doesnt preclude a relationship.
In my own personal similar delema theres this 18 years old Swedish goddess in the gymn every morning,As i'm an out of shape balding 65yr old i aint got a prayer...

Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM

holy smokes a 47 year age difference? are you sure youre not just saying that just to get me to reveal more!? i have never looked at a girl this young before. i mean when i was 35 i liked a 20 year old (she might have liked me but i never pursued it) but now its later, and im older. i was always excellent at not considering the young girls cause theyre immature but this time was different.

well now im interested in a woman older than myself so i don't feel as bad.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:56 PM

sure i could do that but we're at work and i wouldn't want to come off as obvious cause that will be how it will look. she's very chatty and social (but not in an annoying way maybe that's why i like her she doesn't irk me and is smart). i also am inhibited and i dislike several people on the job which inhibits me further and makes me feel aggravated. also this girl is constantly laughing laughing laughing she is the total opposite of me

Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 AM

35,289 posts, read 43,521,849 times
In my case theres no hope of anything more than friendly conversation ,but in your case if the age difference isnt too extreme you gotta start going for it if you really like her or you'll be forever wondering if it might have worked had you only spoken up.Override your inhibitions they'll just hold you back in life, shyness is a curse that gets in the way of maximizing your potential..
A trick i used to use is try to get her into a situation whereby a small wager pops up,could be the outcome of a ball game or something as innocent as whether its going to rain on the weekend all depends on the situation,of course if she's right and you are wrong you'll buy her supper/coffee at a local nice restaurant.
Also try to time it so you can talk to her alone,usually lunch in the cafeteria is a great time to say, mind if i sit here?,she'll warm to a more personal conversation if she aint playing to the band so to speak.
My wife started off as her being a cutie who caught my eye, as we lived in the same apartment building small talk occasionally occurred in the elevator,the laundry room or just a familiar face in the neighborhood after a month of slowly getting familiar with her i had some Olympic event tickets (Montreal 1976) and asked her if she wasnt doing anything on the weekend if she'd like to join me,she said OK,we've been together ever since,had i been shy i'd probably still be living alone in a bachelor pad..

Last edited by jambo101; 11-17-2012 at 12:52 AM..

Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 AM

8,207 posts, read 4,515,496 times
The situation you described could be bad, very bad or it could be totally normal...
not enough information.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:09 PM

8,712 posts, read 10,315,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Sometimes men think that just because a lady is "nice" to them they take it other than what it is intended because they want something to be there.
Sometimes it is not flirting and just well, Nothing. with No Meaning......

Pressing your ear to the wall is disturbing and juvenile. Not what should be happening in a adult workplace.
The fact that you don't notice if she is this way with others also leads to my suspicion that you are wanting this to be something maybe more than it should be as you stated that you are much older. She may look to you as a father figure more than a love interest.

I also am in line with you getting counseling. One for your depression which might have you thinking this she is nice you are depressed and feelings start on your side but maybe not hers.

Exactly. And the more attractive and young the woman is and the more friendly she is towards him, they think she wants them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or