Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:17 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,129,951 times

Advertisements

Truth,
You seem like you have a good handle on things.
You may be just going through a tough patch, but I believe you'll pull through!

I feel the same way about coffee - or caffeine in general.

Have you gotten your blood work done?
I found out I was low on B-12, so I take extra (besides a multi vitamin) & it helps.

I also can relate with you about bigger cities.
Maybe I, like you seem to be, am too sensitive to my surroundings to live too fast-paced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 02:25 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Truth,
You seem like you have a good handle on things.
You may be just going through a tough patch, but I believe you'll pull through!

I feel the same way about coffee - or caffeine in general.

Have you gotten your blood work done?
I found out I was low on B-12, so I take extra (besides a multi vitamin) & it helps.

I also can relate with you about bigger cities.
Maybe I, like you seem to be, am too sensitive to my surroundings to live too fast-paced.
It's turned out to be a 10 year rough patch!

I should get some blood work done just to know,I take vitamins but even that won't help being spiritually beaten for years;

I notice that if I sit really still I'm not as stressed,as much as I'd like to I know I can't have that all the time...I've got to work etc.
I have a couple friends on 'mental disability' but I'm not sure exactly what that covers,I do know it is a factor in my jobs.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
It's turned out to be a 10 year rough patch!
Haven't you had some good times in the last 10 years?
Or if it has been so rough, what changes could make it better?

Quote:
I should get some blood work done just to know,I take vitamins but even that won't help being spiritually beaten for years;
How have you been spiritually beaten?
Unless you are regularly being abused without escape, as an adult, you are the only one who can spiritually beat yourself.

Quote:
I notice that if I sit really still I'm not as stressed,as much as I'd like to I know I can't have that all the time...I've got to work etc.
Try breathing deep, whenever you get stressed - even while you're working.
Quote:
I have a couple friends on 'mental disability' but I'm not sure exactly what that covers,I do know it is a factor in my jobs.
Some jobs are definitely more stressful than others.
Still, I think that a lot of it can be made better or worse by attitude & stress management.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:17 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,426,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Haven't you had some good times in the last 10 years?
Or if it has been so rough, what changes could make it better?

How have you been spiritually beaten?
Unless you are regularly being abused without escape, as an adult, you are the only one who can spiritually beat yourself.

Try breathing deep, whenever you get stressed - even while you're working.
Some jobs are definitely more stressful than others.
Still, I think that a lot of it can be made better or worse by attitude & stress management.
There have been few good times,but not enough to balance out the daily chaos.

Spiritually beaten as in tortured being in a place I can't escape...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:49 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,160 times
You are depressed...you can try and manage it by diet, exercise etc. or you can visit a sliding scale clinic and begin a new anti-depressant or mood stabilizer.

I'm 41 too and feel all the same things you do. I think it has to do with the aging process for me....gravity is winning!
The only way to overcome your situation is to change the thoughts surrounding the beliefs you have about yourself. It sounds like you could use a better full time job...how can you afford not to have healthcare at our age?
Every time you have an excuse as to why you can't do something is evidence that you need to do something...

Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,118,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
I'm 41 and feel so beat down anymore,been through alot for my age and have over recent years kind of given up...which I think may be contributing to me apparently becoming numb to where I don't care about much now. It's to the point where it's affecting things like my relationship and employment. I'm currently seeking better employment but honestly I'm just not seeing it being as how the economy is and employers are probably more selective than ever...I'm not even looking for anything that great,just something that pays the bills. But even that's a bigger competition now and I haven't had the drive in years.
I don't really want to go on meds,for one I have no insurance plus not really into any side effects. Anyway my personality has always been kind of scattered,it's just now there's less motivation.
Whenever I start having feelings of hopelessness I know that I have not been eating well. So I have to ask you what your diet is like. If you eat a lot of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables (preferably organic), you will discover that you will start feeling a LOT better emotionally. Raw food supplies us with life energy. If you constantly eat dead food, without replacing life energy with raw food, eventually you will deplete your own life energy and feel hopeless. In addition to this, it is vitally important to eat foods that are high in B Vitamins. I read a book a long time ago (back when there were mental institutions), where a noted Psychologist at the time made the statement that 80 percent of the people who are in mental institutions would be healed if they had sufficient B Vitamins.

Getting regular exercise in the fresh air with plenty of exposure to sunlight is important also since Vitamin D also is very instrumental in maintaining a healthy emotional point of view. Turning off the television works wonders also.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi Truth,
Breakingbad & 20yrsinBranson gave you good advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingbad View Post
You are depressed...you can try and manage it by diet, exercise etc.

...Every time you have an excuse as to why you can't do something is evidence that you need to do something...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Whenever I start having feelings of hopelessness I know that I have not been eating well. So I have to ask you what your diet is like. If you eat a lot of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables (preferably organic), you will discover that you will start feeling a LOT better emotionally. Raw food supplies us with life energy. If you constantly eat dead food, without replacing life energy with raw food, eventually you will deplete your own life energy and feel hopeless. In addition to this, it is vitally important to eat foods that are high in B Vitamins. I read a book a long time ago (back when there were mental institutions), where a noted Psychologist at the time made the statement that 80 percent of the people who are in mental institutions would be healed if they had sufficient B Vitamins.

Getting regular exercise in the fresh air with plenty of exposure to sunlight is important also since Vitamin D also is very instrumental in maintaining a healthy emotional point of view. Turning off the television works wonders also.

20yrsinBranson
I hope the best for you, Truth!
I feel confident that you will find a way to improve your life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health