Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 12:48 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times

Advertisements

I've read just about the entire thread and baffled as to why the OP is going on and on about this woman but hasn't even asked her out! For chrissakes man, what are you waiting for? Life is short, you and her are no spring chickens. Stop spinning this to a bunch of strangers on this site and ask the woman out for coffee!!! You can't pass a note in class any longer. It's grown up time. As grandpa used to say, "Shyt or get off the pot!"

And let us know how your first date went.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Call her and just say ....

I'd Really Love to See You Tonight - YouTube

Old 02-09-2013, 02:08 AM

4,938 posts, read 3,313,142 times
just go for a coffee and a talk with her and see what happens...

Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,104,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
rlrl, you're like a schoolkid lol. I hope someone great goes this wild over me someday.
OMG, me too.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Just ask the co-worker. Hell..I'll ask her for ya. Someone needs to do it so you can find out.
I'm trying to catch up on this thread. I'm only on page 6, but I was thinking the same thing, Sheesh just give me the info and I'll go ask her!

Okay, back to reading . . .

Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
hey meta how much $$ do you want for it???!!!

Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
hey meta how much $$ do you want for it???!!!
Oh, I wouldn't take money just to ask her. I haven't had much fun over the past year, so that would just put a big on my face.

I finally finished reading all of the posts. BTW, I generally don't read a long thread. I read the first post, a couple in the middle and then comment, but this one really had me going for some reason.

Anyway, I am 52. If I had a SO who gave me a ring, it would be on my "ring finger" on my left hand. It would not be on my right hand, middle finger as you mentioned the placement of her ring.

Next, she could be taking Feb 13 and 14 off, because (as you said) her daughter is expecting a baby and those dates may very well be when a C-section is scheduled. Maybe the baby is coming C-section on the 13th and she is going to stay with Mom and Baby the next day.

Finally, this is what I did on New Year's Eve and maybe what she is doing over Valentine's: I was off work, I wasn't home and I made plans for it the night (just as she is doing). I went out, but with female co-workers, because I didn't want to be home and reminded that other couples all over were spending the night together. I was having a difficult time of it and simply had to avoid being in the apartment, because I had recently found out that my SO was seeing someone else. All I could do was think about how he would be kissing her at midnight.

My point being, she might have some time off to get her mind off something. Her daughter may be delivering a baby. Maybe it's the anniversary of the death of a family member and she is visiting their gravesite. You really don't know.

Are the two of you ever in the same lunchroom together? If she is sitting with some co-workers, you could simply walk past with a coffee and ask if you can join them (it wouldn't be just HER then) and you get into more of the conversation - with all of them - and possibly learn more about her.

I'm dying to find out how this works out . . .

Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 PM

i think the baby is due in early March. i don't even know if they had the shower yet which i think the ladies i know and she knows are going to. generally only women go to showers? i mean if any males at my place are invited and i'm not that would be a very bad sign indeed. that would show that they are important in a way i am not and i would probably just forget the entire thing. anyway i don't think guys generally go to showers tho am i right?

last time i had lunch with her was last march. she works down by the employee cans (bathrooms). our offices are not near each other.

i am very uncomfortable about this valentines thing and the last time we even acknowledged each others presence was in mid january. since then there haven't even been any greetings. the only thing helping me to feel better about this is my therapist and my low dose of paxil. thank god for those. i will probably overhear why she was out prior to 2/14 or after 2/14. hopefully i will be able to find out if she has a committment to somebody before 2/14 or after 2/14.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:47 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
Forgive me, but, I think you're hung up on her being the age she is. You've never felt this way about a woman as old as she is and it bothers you. She may be hot, but, she's not a hot YOUNGER chick and therein lies the problem.

All right, rlrl, you know if she were younger, you wouldn't be in the state you're in. You would have already asked her out and enjoyed a nice dinner and maybe more by now.

Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 PM

what you say sounds interesting but its hard for me to follow the first paragraph

anyway, its the opposite. she is HOTTER than the younger women. it has gotten to the point where i am chatting up with the ladies in their late 20's to take my mind off this 58 year old because these ladies in their late 20's cool me down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health