Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM

55 posts, read 93,631 times

Advertisements

will try to make this as brief as possible. im a nurse. i was recently fired for accusations that i took patients medicine, which was found in my purse, but i dont know how it got there & was likely set up. i also just recently realized i was suffering from depression; actually have suffered for awhile but never diagnosed & this may have something to do with my loss of job.
anyway, this is being reported to the state unless i do this voluntary program which sounds like a big headache to me & will not be able to practice nursing for awhile if i do it to save my license. this program is to assess people for mental or chemical dependancy problems & their capacity to be able to work in the field.

Im a good nurse. I dont do drugs. I do not have a problem working in the field, i do however have a problem working with management & keeping my opinions to myself. I AM depressed; i have JUST recently been to a doctor regarding this and gotten medication to treat it.

my questions:
has anyone been through this; tell me what to expect, and how it affected you.

should i do this or not? or should i seek legal council? i actually was let go from another job for accusation of abuse and won that case, so im thinking i can do it again, but of course im not working now so cant afford to do anything!

can i get unemployment while on this program? how do they expect me to pay for it? i guess at this point, a pizza delivery driver isnt out of the question.

Please Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM

4,761 posts, read 14,288,731 times
Well I would beg, borrow, (but don't steal) to get some money to have a couple of tests done.

Get a drug test to prove you are not taking drugs (might be too late for that?)

Get a polygraph test to prove you did not steal those drugs.

Then get a lawyer. It would help if you have the above tests to backup what you are saying (to show the lawyer).

At the same time do the required treatment program. Find a job doing something else in the mean time.

And of course don't leave your purse anywhere than a locked locker, in trunk of car, home, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health