Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 01:09 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

What drugs are best for paranoia and delusions that result from intense anxiety disorders, not bipolar or schizophrenia. To best explain, paranoia and delusions that result from racing thoughts that turn to OCD intrusive thoughts when existing anxiety disorders become extremely intense, typically during episodes of depression that result from the daily struggle of battling such thoughts and/or life events that typically cause depression for the general population. I can not stress enough that this is not bipolar or schizophrenia.

Mood stabilizers or antipsychotics?

I'd greatly appreciate any opinions, information and documentation as possible.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 08:33 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
I take benzos I take Klonopin for GAD. Be careful benzos can be addictive. Klonopin is thought to be least addictive since it has the longest half life.

I am not a psych if you have ins. you should get a professional diagnosis. Everyone's brain chemistry is slightly different so it's trial and error with meds. You can get a Peer EEG done and they can better guesstimate the meds. The match you brain waves to those in database and the associate meds they take.

I read on WebMD about a lot of medical things you might want to check it out.

Magnesium is good for the nerves too.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:02 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Already have professional diagnosis. I shared it above.

This person is already on benzos. Recently started antidepressants.

I'm looking for information on mood stabilizers or antipsychotics. Doctor's appointment is next week.

I just looked it up Peer EEG and they require medication free for the test.

It's not possible for this individual to be off medication whatsoever.

Plus Peer EEG isn't done for people with psychosis. Delusions are psychosis.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:20 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Try olanzapine. I know someone who has similar issues to what you mention. It works well for him.
Of course what works well for one may not for another. But is a very good option to consider. Goodluck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health