Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM

415 posts, read 764,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I would probably seek out an orthomolecular treatment for the condition first. Most likely a heavy does of specific B vitamins that address the particular anxiety your having. But someone who specializes in orthomolecular medicine will probably provide an approach to a natural cure. Many abnormal responses resulting in anxiety are at the very least made worse by a deficiency in key vitamins and other metabolic components.

just wondering what Natural med's - herbs you have found that work best...

thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 05:12 PM

644 posts, read 1,145,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Anyone can look at posts. The forum provides that option.

You may not like the advice, but your post sounds like a threat.
I meant I will NOT go any further with you because you're just here to cause trouble, not give advice. It's called a typo.

Now you're placed on ignore.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogie'smom View Post
Do you take thyroid medication?
No I do not because my thyroid condition really isn't that bad and I don't believe in synthetic hormones. My mom is on it and she's actually worse than she was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I would probably seek out an orthomolecular treatment for the condition first. Most likely a heavy does of specific B vitamins that address the particular anxiety your having. But someone who specializes in orthomolecular medicine will probably provide an approach to a natural cure. Many abnormal responses resulting in anxiety are at the very least made worse by a deficiency in key vitamins and other metabolic components.
Oh that's interesting. Is it expensive?

I think I will go back to buying multi-vitamins.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,484,012 times
Sorry for your problems. Now let's have a straight talk ok? First of all, you get subpar treatment at any clinic, because the good psychs won't work there for the peanuts they pay. Second, shrinks don't do talk therapy, that what therapists and psychologists do no psychiatrists. Third, my friend has Bipolar, and I go with her on some of the visits. Mood stabilizers aren't lethal, and they do have some bad side effects. Seroquel is good for those with sleeping issues, but causes weight gain. So since you have no money how is your credit, you don't need to respond. If it is bad then just go to the ER and get a better shrink not the clinic guy. When you can't pay and the send you to collections what can they do you have no money. That's what my friend has to do to get the help she needs. Maybe you qualify for Medicaid and don't know it, you may get more access that way too.

Here's the real deal. Psychiatry is nothing more than a subjective science. There is no objective standard like regular medicine. Read that again until you internalize it. So what we have is an expensive and frustrating game of trial and error. Seroquel doesn't work let's try Lamictal. Oh that doesn't work let's try Depakote. Get used to the guessing game because it's not going to change.

So take a deep breath, lower your expectations, and do the best you can.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Sorry for your problems. Now let's have a straight talk ok? First of all, you get subpar treatment at any clinic, because the good psychs won't work there for the peanuts they pay. Second, shrinks don't do talk therapy, that what therapists and psychologists do no psychiatrists. Third, my friend has Bipolar, and I go with her on some of the visits. Mood stabilizers aren't lethal, and they do have some bad side effects. Seroquel is good for those with sleeping issues, but causes weight gain. So since you have no money how is your credit, you don't need to respond. If it is bad then just go to the ER and get a better shrink not the clinic guy. When you can't pay and the send you to collections what can they do you have no money. That's what my friend has to do to get the help she needs. Maybe you qualify for Medicaid and don't know it, you may get more access that way too.

Here's the real deal. Psychiatry is nothing more than a subjective science. There is no objective standard like regular medicine. Read that again until you internalize it. So what we have is an expensive and frustrating game of trial and error. Seroquel doesn't work let's try Lamictal. Oh that doesn't work let's try Depakote. Get used to the guessing game because it's not going to change.

So take a deep breath, lower your expectations, and do the best you can.

I'm aware of all that and I wasn't expecting A+ care at a clinic, there's actually doctors from hospitals and private practices that moved to this clinic and they are pretty good at what they do.

I'm aware of what a psychiatrist does, but it doesn't give them a right to be disrespectful just because you told them how uncomfortable you felt. No excuse for that.

Yeah all they want to prescribe me are mood stabilizers and antipsychotics and I'm not sure how that's suppose to help somebody with anxiety and panic issues. Oh well...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.B.C.420 View Post
I'm aware of all that and I wasn't expecting A+ care at a clinic, there's actually doctors from hospitals and private practices that moved to this clinic and they are pretty good at what they do.

I'm aware of what a psychiatrist does, but it doesn't give them a right to be disrespectful just because you told them how uncomfortable you felt. No excuse for that.

Yeah all they want to prescribe me are mood stabilizers and antipsychotics and I'm not sure how that's suppose to help somebody with anxiety and panic issues. Oh well...
As a patient, you have every single right to ask questions. You don't have to take meds if you don't feel comfortable taking it. As a matter of fact, some mood stabilizers make symptoms much worse. If you are not getting better, you need to seek second opinion from another doctor.

My late boyfriend tried to committed suicide twice when he was a teenager. He has been taking prescription drugs for many years. His therapist thought he had depression. I honestly believe these drugs made him much much worse. He committed suicide a little over four years ago.

The anti psychotic drugs can be helpful to somebody, they can be deadly to others. Ask for second opinion. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health