Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2013, 04:25 PM

752 posts, read 2,086,393 times

Advertisements

Long story short....
At 30 (2008) I went into a severe depression and was prescribed 150 mg of Wellbutrin.
It seemed to be helping within a weeks time.
Later down the road I think I went on the 300 mg of Wellbutrin and I was also prescribed 5 mg of Abilify as a "boost". Seemed to do OK for most part. good days bad days.
My DR retired after a 19yr long patient/dr relationship. I am seeing somebody new now.
I started (earlier this year) thinking my depression was getting worse. My Dr decided lets try Wellbutrin on 150 mg and now 50 mg of Zoloft.
I started the Zoloft on November 6th.
It has been 3 weeks later I guess and I have been feeling like S***.
Worse depression, even thinking of suicide, feeling like I am in a black hole. not eating as much and sleeping too much. But then again it has been a pretty lousy year.
Ive read that most people who do worse with Zoloft are young folks under 25. I am still taking the welbutrin too. I also take blood pressure meds (Losarten) Glucophage, Seroquel 50 mg, protonix and last of all tegretol.
Any help please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 06:49 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Everyone has different experiences with different meds. Have you told your doctor about how you feel on the Zoloft? I did well back in the day when I was on Wellbutrin, but I stopped taking it. A couple of years ago I fell into a depression and my dr put me on Zoloft. After a week I made him switch me to Wellbutrin, because I wanted to DIE! It made me feel all crazy & FORGET about sleep! My mom has been on Zoloft for quite some time and absolutely loves it.

If you have been taking it for 3 weeks, and something just doesn't feel right, talk to your doctor right away!

Old 11-26-2013, 09:13 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Long story short....
At 30 (2008) I went into a severe depression and was prescribed 150 mg of Wellbutrin.
Later down the road I think I went on the 300 mg of Wellbutrin and I was also prescribed 5 mg of Abilify as a "boost". Seemed to do OK for most part. good days bad days.
My DR retired after a 19yr long patient/dr relationship. I am seeing somebody new now.
I started (earlier this year) thinking my depression was getting worse. My Dr decided lets try Wellbutrin on 150 mg and now 50 mg of Zoloft.
Worse depression, even thinking of suicide, feeling like I am in a black hole. not eating as much and sleeping too much. But then again it has been a pretty lousy year.
Ive read that most people who do worse with Zoloft are young folks under 25. I am still taking the welbutrin too. I also take blood pressure meds (Losarten) Glucophage, Seroquel 50 mg, protonix and last of all tegretol.
Any help please?
Oh smoky- hang in there honey!

I know how awful you feel and I'm so sorry.

PLEASE PLEASE call your doctor right now and report the suicidal feelings!

This is a side effect of these kinds of medications and has to be addressed right away okay?

The frustrating thing about depression is that science has not come as far as I wish it could have when it comes to being able to identify what particular drug to give a person from the git go

Your situation is complicated by the need for other medications like the one for blood pressure.

Please don't give up though!! Even though it can take time, these kinds of issues can be worked out eventually. DM me if you just need someone to talk to okay?

Old 11-30-2013, 02:54 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Long story short....
Any help please?
yes, call suicide hotline if you are thinking this way
also get to the reason for your depression go to a support group of therapy
and don't look for folks on a message board to fix you
get help!

Old 11-30-2013, 02:58 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Call your doctor ASAP, this can be a sie effect of Zoloft and you need to change meds. Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health