U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2014, 10:44 PM

746 posts, read 772,257 times

Advertisements

Last night I had a nightmare and it was unclear what was happening but I evaded up in my hallway running about to run head first in the corner of the wall and about to scream when I thought hey this is a dream and didn't scream and might of said oh. I saw what looked like a snowy screen but it was green dots with space in between them on each side of me. It seemed I was fading back to my room. I'm not sure if it was then or a different time during sleeping that I tried to turn my lamp on and it wouldn't turn on (usually happens in dreams). I may of some up for real after that? And woke up for real later. I knew if feel less disturbed about the dream when waking up for the day and I did. But I had the disturbing thought of what if by not screaming I couldn't wake up and the whole day had been a dream? But if I scream and I'm awake I'll sound like I'm crazy. The whole not stopping myself from screaming in the dream has made me feel like I'm still dreaming parts of the day. I do have OCD and my dreams can trigger my OCD in real life when I wake up, like I can continue an OCD ritual from a dream in real life. I still woke up even though I stopped from screaming right? I wouldn't even be able to read if I was asleep right?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 04:17 PM

I can't shake the feeling that I've been stuck in the dream and the only possible way to wake up is screaming because that usually wakes me up. But I've hit my foot on my bed frame and it hurt, you don't feel physical pain in dreams do you? I can't stand this feeling its like I'm stuck in a dream and if anything good happens to me it'll be just cause in dreaming, but I want to have good things happen to me in real life. I have to be awake but my stupid bizarre dream just had to happen, I wish I would of just screamed my lungs out in that dream so I never doubted. I feel like I may of fallen into a dream within a dream? My dreams affect me in real life for the love of God I can't stand feeling like I'm stop dreaming, that means whether I succeed in things that I shan't really and just dreamed it! This is possibly the worst feeling I've had to deal with! I woke up later (this happened yesterday) and it felt real and I thought ok now I'm awake for real fir sure. But I can't shake the feeling that I'm still in bed yesterday or in a hospital in a coma (depending how time has passed) and the thought I have is the ONLY reason of be stuck in a dream is become I didn't scream to wake myself up. I stopped myself remembering there's people sleeping in real life. I had to of woken up anyway right? I guess when I get completely alone I'll just have to scream to be sure. Maybe if I would of learned to lucid dream I wouldn't of had this happen but a friend told me lucid dreaming can make you unable to tell dreaming and real life apart! What he said exactly was its bad for your mental health.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:54 AM

356 posts, read 1,185,496 times
I wake up from nightmares all the time without screaming. i also lucid dream.. when you are lucid dreaming you KNOW that you are dreaming, thats what lucid dreaming is. Its not that you dont know you are awake.

Sometimes you can get caught up in your thoughts and they can take you away.. best to go outside and take in some fresh air and "get out of your head"

Dreams dont last that long.. and im reading your post . so your awake

Old 02-26-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belladee View Post
I wake up from nightmares all the time without screaming. i also lucid dream.. when you are lucid dreaming you KNOW that you are dreaming, thats what lucid dreaming is. Its not that you dont know you are awake.

Sometimes you can get caught up in your thoughts and they can take you away.. best to go outside and take in some fresh air and "get out of your head"

Dreams dont last that long.. and im reading your post . so your awake
But this could all be my brain simulating everything. Like my subconscious trapped me in a dream that's like a real life simulation. I just need the chance to be completely alone so I can scream and convince myself that I'm awake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health