Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 05:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times

Advertisements

My life is ruined and the depression is winning.

You can swallow all the pills you like but if you essentially have NO self esteem, no love in your life, it is very hard to move forward.

I dont know why my life has been so hard. Sometimes I think that if you didnt have a loving family as a child you can never reproduce it as an adult.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2014, 05:40 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Vent away. What's happened? I have had a terrible year myself. but I am comforted knowing that everything changes. It can get better.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:12 PM

501 posts, read 1,050,358 times
Hey, we all have bad times. I am broke and going through a very nasty divorce after only being married for four months. It's important to know that you are not alone! We are here to talk to you, so like Zentropa said, why don't you tell us whats going on? Maybe one of us has been there and has good advice to offer you.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:29 PM

Aww guys...zen it gives me comfort that someone as smart as you still struggles with life.

Its nothing and everything, as you know depression is a disease that may or may not have one single cause.

Just the general futility of life I guess. Nothing much to look forward to, no excitement about anything.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:08 PM

712 posts, read 2,146,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Just the general futility of life I guess. Nothing much to look forward to, no excitement about anything.
Yah, that stinks..

But life doesn't have to be 'futile'?

Abraham videos might cheer yah up?

Old 02-24-2014, 05:45 AM

558 posts, read 1,120,771 times
The only thing that's ever completely taken my depression away (temporarily) is packing a bag and hitting the road. Do you ever vacation? I am a firm believer in getting away. Especially here in the states as a whole we don't give ourselves enough ME time. We don't value travel as much as we should.
I am Bi-Polar and when I hit the road it seems as if all the anxiety and depression melts away. I hope you feel better, but I really suggest thinking about some time for yourself to explore something new. New experiences/sights breathe fresh life into a soul.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 AM

7 posts, read 8,462 times
i think you're right about the pills... i wonder how you decided that it's depression what you're fighting?
maybe if you can tell me a little bit more about you..it will help

Old 02-24-2014, 04:32 PM

Yeah it's depression all right.

I have all the symptoms, and I actually now know I also suffered as a child.

I havent had a holiday for years, great suggestion - but I've let my passport run out and now find myself in a dog sitting situation where i cant just up and leave (unfortunately) for now, at least.

I actually want to visit the states. I think it would be awesome.

Anyway i took a couple of mutts for a walk this morning and its going to be a lovely day. I think I will start planning that getaway!

thanks everyone x

Old 02-24-2014, 11:56 PM

47 posts, read 56,667 times
Go Away, Where your live? Forget your past. Everybody having own struggle or problems. Make a Some New friend, hobby,Reading, joining some new classes, look other aspect of life also.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:26 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Aw, crap, hon. I had no idea. I'm sorry to hear you're grappling with this.

Are you in counseling? Pills only address part of the equation. Unless you learn good coping skills and learn to address what triggers your depression, nothing is going to change. Pills in and of themselves are not the answer. There's a reason most people who come off anti-depressants relapse: Most of them don't get any kind of therapy to go with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health