Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:38 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidty223 View Post
If you have blackouts so often then you are experiencing alcoholism (this means you're an alcoholic). I think you already know this though.
I can count on one hand how many times this happened since college. My memory is always very bad though when I drink.

I can go without drinking for a very long time but I am just a social drinker. So my social life tends to hurt a bit if I choose not to drink. Going to bars sober is annoying because everyone else is drunk.

The odd thing was when I first walked into this party everyone had a head start and I was getting really uncomfortable at how close this girl was standing next time me and talking. I was literally against the wall and she was just leaning forward in my personal space spitting all over me. Might explain why I drank so much this weekend!

======

Actually, I think I just hit another point here. A lot of times when this happens I am just trying to catch up to everyone else and I guess I jump the gun a bit doing that because I go way beyond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 09:39 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Does this happen to anyone? Where you drink a bit and get to a point where you blackout but you are still coordinated and still hyper. I turn into the biggest $#@$@ douchebag on the face of the earth to the point my friends have nicknamed the drunk version of me Douchebag Bob. I am an ass sometimes when I am sober I am very bold and straightforward but I don't hurt people on purpose.

Would like to reign this in even though I don't drink like that often. Although, I have to say I wish I could hang out with that version of me he sounds cool.

I had a girl hit me in the face though and I kind of liked her but thankfully she was too drunk to remember why she was so angry at me. I am pretty sure its because I hooked up with another girl.

I am shocked.

You?!

Don't believe it.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am shocked.

You?!

Don't believe it.
Do I really irk you girls in this section that much!

You cannot really base your opinion of me as a person just off what I post on here. Like I said everyone is multi-faceted and you would be surprised what you might find!

Old 02-24-2014, 09:42 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
I appreciate that you want to resolve this on your own, but you can easily get FREE information that would help you form a plan and will give you some pointers. If you want to solve it on your own you need to educate yourself.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:43 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Dude if you're blacking out you got issues. How about you stop drinking and stop thinking being a d bag is cool. One day you'll come across a person who will really dent your grille.
Seriously get some help

Old 02-24-2014, 09:44 PM

You guys do realize that blacking out is very very common these days in college campuses and people my age. Believe it or not I am actually a lot more tame than most of my peers and my age group.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 PM

2,775 posts, read 3,760,668 times
I hate going to your parties. I really do.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:50 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Do I really irk you girls in this section that much!

You cannot really base your opinion of me as a person just off what I post on here. Like I said everyone is multi-faceted and you would be surprised what you might find!

Well, I can't really base my opinion on much else, now can I?

Surprisingly we "girls" are not an organized group, and therefore I cannot speak for them.

Irk is not really the appropriate term..... amuse might be closer to the truth...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2014, 09:59 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,235 times
Quote:
You guys do realize that blacking out is very very common these days in college campuses and people my age. Believe it or not I am actually a lot more tame than most of my peers and my age group.
Well I guess there's more than one way to cull the herd. Many potential employers will intentionally take prospective employees out for drinks ... sometimes a LOT of drinks ... to see what happens.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:00 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Move this post already mod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health