Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,570,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
My only official diagnosis has been OCD, and I don't trust the lazy psychiatrist who diagnosed me with that. I have been to 4 therapists and 1 psychiatrist in the past 3 years, and an additional two therapists and 3 psychiatrists 10 years ago. Not one of these individuals has helped me in any way whatsoever. They're in it for the money, period.

Dude, you've got MUCH bigger issues than just OCD, but it's your life to live or waste.

How's that working for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 10:02 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,720,004 times
I haven't seen your other posts, so maybe that's why I'm confused.... but if you know you have social anxiety and that it's making your life miserable, why not just embrace it and not give yourself huge expectations to fill socially? If you truly believe you are "unlikeable and unworthy" then why is all your energy spent on thinking about how unlikable and unworthy you are? Why not just learn to deal with the reality of what your future will hold since you have such bad social anxiety? Sounds like you're spending your whole life dwelling on what you don't have and possibly won't have if you can get past this. Sorry if that sounds harsh- that wasn't my intention.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:03 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,930,906 times
My anxiety is not like everybody else's. I'm suspicious of supplements, but will consider, if it will not mess with my zoloft that I'm on for OCD. I can't even eat grapefruit or take advil anymore. And I don't think I even have OCD.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:04 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,593,954 times
In my neck of the woods people such as yourself started a meetup group on meetup.com. Why don't you lead one and meet with those of similar issues? At least you can discuss it with one another...do your own self healing. Group therapy is much better than one-on-one therapy session

Old 07-10-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Dude, you've got MUCH bigger issues than just OCD, but it's your life to live or waste.

How's that working for ya?
Tell that to the LAZY ASS MENTAL HEALTH "professionals" who don't do squat other than cashing a check and signing a "safe" prescription for an SSRI ("SSRIs are harmless).

The lack of character, professionalism, concern, caring, and effort from every single mental health so-called professional I've encountered is appalling.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyewrist View Post
In my neck of the woods people such as yourself started a meetup group on meetup.com. Why don't you lead one and meet with those of similar issues? At least you can discuss it with one another...do your own self healing. Group therapy is much better than one-on-one therapy session
I repped you. Good idea. And that's probably why none of these quacks recommend group therapy, because they know it would blow their useless so-called help out of the water.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Tell that to the LAZY ASS MENTAL HEALTH "professionals" who don't do squat other than cashing a check and signing a "safe" prescription for an SSRI ("SSRIs are harmless).

The lack of character, professionalism, concern, caring, and effort from every single mental health so-called professional I've encountered is appalling.

Charlie Brown Teacher Speaking - YouTube

Old 07-10-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I haven't seen your other posts, so maybe that's why I'm confused.... but if you know you have social anxiety and that it's making your life miserable, why not just embrace it and not give yourself huge expectations to fill socially? If you truly believe you are "unlikeable and unworthy" then why is all your energy spent on thinking about how unlikable and unworthy you are? Why not just learn to deal with the reality of what your future will hold since you have such bad social anxiety? Sounds like you're spending your whole life dwelling on what you don't have and possibly won't have if you can get past this. Sorry if that sounds harsh- that wasn't my intention.
Do you know what it's like to be all alone in the world. It hurts, and it's scary.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:

Don't you get that when you talk like this it only makes YOU look bad Davros.

Why do you insist on being your own worst enemy?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

So at this point you've devolved into trolling?

That's the only explanation I can come up with for this post. I'm speaking from real experience. These quacks are useless. How many useless shrinks must I try? I fair say they're only making my life worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health