Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times

Advertisements

Put yourself in my shoes instead of judging me.

In short, my life sucks, through no fault of my own.

You can't understand what it's like to be in my shoes, so don't judge.

I went through college and went to maybe 3 parties, and just stood in the corner each time.

Have you ever heard the Smiths song "How Soon is Now," well that 100% accurately describes me and my life.

Have some compassion in your heart instead of judging me, and calling me creepy, and reporting me to the mods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 09:26 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,853 times
Dating is tough for people with social anxiety.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:34 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
It's VERY hard.

Now, if you know you have this problem, you DEFINITELY should not listen to The Smiths.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's VERY hard.

Now, if you know you have this problem, you DEFINITELY should not listen to The Smiths.

True. They depress the heck out of me. But man, that trio of instrumentalists could play.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:44 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Put yourself in my shoes instead of judging me.

In short, my life sucks, through no fault of my own.

You can't understand what it's like to be in my shoes, so don't judge.

I went through college and went to maybe 3 parties, and just stood in the corner each time.

Have you ever heard the Smiths song "How Soon is Now," well that 100% accurately describes me and my life.

Have some compassion in your heart instead of judging me, and calling me creepy, and reporting me to the mods.
Davros honey, we've been through this over and over, and over some more with you since you've posted here

Telling you to get help for your extreme anxiety is not "judging" you - it's giving you the truth and best advice you are going to get.

GET SOME HELP FOR YOUR ANXIETY!

Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Davros honey, we've been through this over and over, and over some more with you since you've posted here

Telling you to get help for your extreme anxiety is not "judging" you - it's giving you the truth and best advice you are going to get.
Therapists refuse to help me with that. They basically just sit there and waste my money. They say, oh, try striking up random conversations at work and at airports. Yeah, right. People at work don't want to talk to me. People at airports definitely don't want to talk to me. This is not to get dates, this is to practice socialization. Well, it does not work. Therapy is useless.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Therapists refuse to help me with that. They basically just sit there and waste my money. They say, oh, try striking up random conversations at work and at airports. Yeah, right. People at work don't want to talk to me. People at airports definitely don't want to talk to me. This is not to get dates, this is to practice socialization. Well, it does not work. Therapy is useless.
Have you actually BEEN to a therapist? Gotten an official diagnosis?

A therapist in only going to refuse to work with someone who won't do the work to heal themselves of their issues.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:52 PM

There is no help for my social anxiety. I am a hopeless case because I fundamentally believe I am unlikable and unworthy, and there is nothing NOTHING that can change that because it's true .. as confirmed by those who hate me on this very board.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Have you actually BEEN to a therapist? Gotten an official diagnosis?

A therapist in only going to refuse to work with someone who won't do the work to heal themselves of their issues.
My only official diagnosis has been OCD, and I don't trust the lazy psychiatrist who diagnosed me with that. I have been to 4 therapists and 1 psychiatrist in the past 3 years, and an additional two therapists and 3 psychiatrists 10 years ago. Not one of these individuals has helped me in any way whatsoever. They're in it for the money, period.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:57 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
There is no help for my social anxiety. I am a hopeless case because I fundamentally believe I am unlikable and unworthy, and there is nothing NOTHING that can change that because it's true .. as confirmed by those who hate me on this very board.
Hey. Everybody gets anxious from time to time, especially around someone they find attractive and easily nervous around.

May I suggest:
L-Theanine
GABA

These are amazing supplements with great antioxidant effects!

L-Theanine is an amino acid derived from Green Tea and extracted at therapeutic levels. You can combine with GABA. They're like natural Zanax? Treated for anxiety.

Try it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health