Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:41 PM

160 posts, read 384,771 times

Advertisements

I on buspar now. The first 2 days buspar made me sick. My doctor told me to take xanx as needed because it puts me to sleep fast. Buspar and xanax are both for aniexty I don't understand why you are taking both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 12:52 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
You should avoid these drugs. Research the side effects. For example, Xanax lists agitation and disinhibition as well as a long list of other side effects. Ever wonder why so many people have road rage, etc? Adults acting out?

Old 09-11-2014, 01:14 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
You should avoid these drugs. Research the side effects. For example, Xanax lists agitation and disinhibition as well as a long list of other side effects. Ever wonder why so many people have road rage, etc? Adults acting out?

ALL medications have a LONG list of side effects.
Xanax is a wonderful med for those of us who need it and use it properly.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 AM

148 posts, read 141,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Xanax has not has many side effects has AD s and mostly tiredness the very thing you expect if your on a BENZO. What the hell has Xanax got to do with road rage if on Xanax you would be laid back not agitated

Old 09-12-2014, 09:36 PM

316 posts, read 437,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmom32 View Post
Dr just prescribed Buspar and Xanax for Anxiety that I have from this awful reflux that I have..Has anyone had bad or good experiences with this medicine? I have become Very Sensitive to Meds for some reason, and am so afraid of having a reaction since whatever I do take I have some sort of reaction too...

Thank You
Stay away from Benzos, particularly Xanax. I've taken it for a decade and am tapering now. I never took more than 0.5 mg / daily, and I've got about a year's worth of tapering to do if I want to minimize the withdrawal symptoms (which are hell). The dose I'm on now (.25) is so tiny that it does nothing but ward off withdrawal. I've gotta taper down from that to .125, and then split that in half and so on. It's nasty, nasty stuff. I discovered this when I missed a dose over the 4th of July holiday and the pharmacy was closed. Wound up having a seizure and being rushed to the hospital because I didn't take my little .25 dose which has zero effect on me other than keeping my body from turning on itself.

You've been warned......

Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,966,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksburgh View Post
Stay away from Benzos, particularly Xanax. I've taken it for a decade and am tapering now. I never took more than 0.5 mg / daily, and I've got about a year's worth of tapering to do if I want to minimize the withdrawal symptoms (which are hell). The dose I'm on now (.25) is so tiny that it does nothing but ward off withdrawal. I've gotta taper down from that to .125, and then split that in half and so on. It's nasty, nasty stuff. I discovered this when I missed a dose over the 4th of July holiday and the pharmacy was closed. Wound up having a seizure and being rushed to the hospital because I didn't take my little .25 dose which has zero effect on me other than keeping my body from turning on itself.

You've been warned......
Everyone reacts to chemicals differently. I personally have taken xanax daily for months and then stopped cold turkey with no problems. Other people will seize after missing very small doses. You need to know your medical history as well as your family medical history.

Buspar never had any effect for me.

During the worst of anxiety times I have found klonopin to be a life saver. The half life is much longer than xanax (hours) vs klonopin (days). If you start to take xanax regularly most people become aware of the up side (within minutes after ingesting or faster yet, let itdissolve under tongue...warning it tastes horrible) and the downside, usually 4-6 hours later. Klonopin has a longer duration so it takes about 5 doses to reach a steady state, stable feeling...might take a few days. But if you forget a dose one day you will most likely not notice it. I can go 3 days of not taking it befor I even feeling the slightest twinge of anxiety.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:33 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,381,405 times
Thank you guys, I havent taken either one yet as I havent needed it...the side effects/possibly having a reaction to them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health