U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 04:28 PM

4,949 posts, read 4,422,743 times

Advertisements

Most days, I wake up with a cat's paw on my face, notifying me that breakfast time is in 1 hour and I should seriously think about getting up NOW so I am awake enough in plenty of time to fee the cats their first meal of the day. If I don't respond to the paw, I usually respond when she next knocks something off the bathroom counter to get my attention...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 06:42 AM

4,970 posts, read 4,799,707 times
Usually quite irritable - my mood tends to get better as the day goes on (most of the time). I don't sleep well at all so that might add to it.

Old 10-16-2014, 06:46 AM

44,266 posts, read 55,370,606 times
Much better on days I don't have to work.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:32 AM

5,360 posts, read 4,800,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Do you wake up excited, looking forward to all the tasks & adventures ahead?

Do you wake up feeling indifferent, just another day, not particularly excited about anything, but no problem facing the day ahead

Or do you wake up depressed, dreading another day, secretly wishing there will be a night you'd just die in your sleep?
Its a combination of the 2nd and 3rd one, depending on the day. Usually its indifference, but then I start thinking about how disappointed I am with my life, and do wish I would just die in my sleep.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:10 AM

5,193 posts, read 4,317,478 times
Option 2.

I have never been a morning person, so unless something REALLY great is occuring that way, Option 1 rarely happens.

The number of people in this thread considering suicide is alarming.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:42 PM

62,570 posts, read 59,428,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Option 2.

I have never been a morning person, so unless something REALLY great is occuring that way, Option 1 rarely happens.

The number of people in this thread considering suicide is alarming.
Well, it IS the Mental Health forum. People who come here probably do tend to think about suicide more than the average, happy-go-lucky person posting on the Gardening or Green Living forums.

I think about death first thing in the morning and throughout the day. It's isn't a choice, it just IS.

I probably will not ever commit suicide, but sometimes I stand at the train station, another long, dull, endless day ahead of me, watching the train roll in, thinking it would just be SO EASY to step in front of that thing and be done.

Won't do it, partly out of consideration for the train people and my fellow commuters. But it's nice to know I COULD if I wanted to.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 PM

3,376 posts, read 5,095,534 times
Long story short(I ramble on here a lot and it seems I'm largely ignored for it, who cares right?), it all depends on the given work schedule of the week/month/year.
For the past month, my mood when waking up has been largely negative.
Didn't feel like going into work, following by pretty much being a sour grape at work and such.

Then at the same time, my days off have been pretty much devoted to lying in bed and either sleeping or doing nothing.
Irregular shift start-times and 12-16 hour shifts are putting me on the verge of either quitting myself or losing my cool.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:41 AM

399 posts, read 584,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
C) Wake up depressed, dreading another day.
I used to be that way too. It's better now, but I when I wake up, my first consciousness is still usually sad. And it takes an hour or two to snap out of it. For some reason when I wake up, I am reminded of the hurtful crap I've been through. It usually is on my mind for a couple of hours.
I try to think of what I have planned for the day just to get me motivated to get out of bed.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:46 AM

5,193 posts, read 4,317,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, it IS the Mental Health forum. People who come here probably do tend to think about suicide more than the average, happy-go-lucky person posting on the Gardening or Green Living forums.

I think about death first thing in the morning and throughout the day. It's isn't a choice, it just IS.

I probably will not ever commit suicide, but sometimes I stand at the train station, another long, dull, endless day ahead of me, watching the train roll in, thinking it would just be SO EASY to step in front of that thing and be done.

Won't do it, partly out of consideration for the train people and my fellow commuters. But it's nice to know I COULD if I wanted to.

You know, I didn't even look at the forum before I posted. My apologies if my post came across as insensitive.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:04 AM

734 posts, read 874,185 times
I wake up feeling depressed. My job is boring and I can't seem to get another one. I am grateful for having a job, but I want to move on and can't. I have no love life. My life is just one big blah and nothing I do changes that. Oh, well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or