Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:36 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,925,052 times

Advertisements

Lately I wake up several times ,lay there a while and divide whether I am tired enough to go back to sleep or just get up and go on line a while, then eventually go back to bed and sleep a little more . nap once in a while during the day ,and don't fret about it .
I don't actually think much about any thing except if I dream and remember what it was about .
The heat of the day pretty much dictates how I will be spending my day.
It's 105 right now @ 3:33 PM it's going to be hot tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 04:50 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Lately I wake up several times ,lay there a while and divide whether I am tired enough to go back to sleep or just get up and go on line a while, then eventually go back to bed and sleep a little more . nap once in a while during the day ,and don't fret about it .
I don't actually think much about any thing except if I dream and remember what it was about .
The heat of the day pretty much dictates how I will be spending my day.
It's 105 right now @ 3:33 PM it's going to be hot tonight.
That is about how I feel. Indifferent. Hot as hell South Florida, 1,000 miles away from my kids, and in a place I don't like. Just do what I have to do to get through the day and pass it. In a holding pattern so to speak until I can move out of here, and really feel alive again. When I go back home to visit my kids, I feel totally different.

Old 09-14-2014, 09:50 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That is about how I feel. Indifferent. Hot as hell South Florida, 1,000 miles away from my kids, and in a place I don't like. Just do what I have to do to get through the day and pass it. In a holding pattern so to speak until I can move out of here, and really feel alive again. When I go back home to visit my kids, I feel totally different.
Minus the kids part, I'm w/ ya. We're holding til we move & feel same. This is great support group while sitting home, haha online. It makes talking to others easy & finding similar types that feel same. So, just try to cope best as you can & in morning, to answer OP's query, I'd say nervous, rushed, anxious -- so not the best but even worse -- when going bed as worry of can I sleep or will I or did I, do all needs be done prior to sleep, etc.

It is sorta a challenge but exhausting myself has mixed-effects. Some days it works & others, after a few wines, I feel ok but sleep is wrecked due to booze in wine. Haha, I can't win for losin'.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:03 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Oh man am I pumped up to get outta bed so I can do outside sales in 90F plus heat slinging tech like rock for nickels because I don't have a wicked jump shot.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:23 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
For many of the past few days, it's been.....

"Gizzy" the boy cat says, "GOOD! She's awake! Time to be petted!"

Old 09-20-2014, 11:27 AM

4 posts, read 5,954 times
Default moods

I'd say that about 20% of the time, I wake up feeling excited and ready to start the day;
about 40% of the time, I wake up feeling indifferent, like it's just another day;
and the remaining 40% of the time, I wake up pissed because I didn't die in my sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Do you wake up excited, looking forward to all the tasks & adventures ahead?

Do you wake up feeling indifferent, just another day, not particularly excited about anything, but no problem facing the day ahead

Or do you wake up depressed, dreading another day, secretly wishing there will be a night you'd just die in your sleep?

Old 09-27-2014, 07:50 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,777,093 times
I wake up wondering if this will be the day of my death. Have since I was a little girl. The only time it stopped was when I was on an antidepressant/obsession medication. I went off the meds after about seven years, since I felt I'd learn to manage my intrusive thoughts by then.

Yes, I've seen a therapist, which is why I am able to get past that first thought more easily now than I used to. It would be nice not to have it, though. It's a dark way to wake up.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:12 AM

128 posts, read 207,734 times
I wake up happy and ready to start the day, knowing that I'm still alive makes me happy in itself.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:18 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
It's usually good. I have a couple of dogs and cats who snuggle me and I feel well loved when I wake. I am retired so its not a stressed out moment where I have to be up at some one time, and wake naturally. I have my coffee ritual and then the computer. I usually have some 'plan' in mind for the day, though it may not entirely happen.

Bad days are when things like the coffee cup ends up on the keyboard or some household machine decides its a good day to die. When mornings were getting me or my kid ready for school I had a regiment which didn't even take thought, and when he was at school I went back to bed for a bit and then started MY day.

I've come to see each day as its own adventure, and like how you can make them the same or different and its not anybody's business why.

Old 10-04-2014, 04:26 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,257,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm between B) and C) but closer to B) most days. Sometimes I wake up too early in a state of anxiety and can't get back to sleep then the alarm goes and I have a 'oh damn' moment (or words to that effect).

Getting up in the morning used to be a burden as I just couldn't wake up properly, so much so I couldn't eat breakfast. I was finally put on Strattera which has had a lasting effect and before that I was on dexamphetamine for several years which only lasted half the day.

Yeah!
When I had college I had a maze to climb over to turn off the alarm. It was necessary. I put on raido for an hour before I had to wake up and sometimes it took too long. But I could stumble out and turn it off and stumble back to bed and sleep just as easy. So I had to move things to get to it. Sometimes I could sleepwalk through that too and wake up thinking it was morning and find it was three hours later. oops.

the cell works usually, but since I don't need them 99 percent of the time, I usually just don't sleep much and when I get back from whereever I had to go early (I'm not Nightbird for nothing) I go take a nap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health