Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 06:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
I tried benzos & w/drawal is horrible. No more of them. So, used Suntheanine w/ no real noticeablity. Now will retry V root, or maybe GABA as seen w/ mood issues, & many say it helps. I was prescribed SSRI's at one time but not happy w/ them either. I'm now frree of all meds for anxitey/depression but still can't find a best cure natural that works for me yet.
When I was on meds, I didn't sleep. I'd literally stay up 26 or more hours without being sleepy. Nothing knocked it down but exhaustion. Getting off meds was not my doctors choice but mine, and I find I sleep just fine now. Maybe I'm a little moody but a 29 hour high is not being well.

When I get anxious or a bit manic, I take a valerian root. It just calms me, but it interferes with things like writing and juggling story parts so I don't take them unless I need it. There is one over the counter sleep aide with both melatonin, l triptaphanen and one other ingredient which does work. But I found that the single ones, when I used them, wore out fast and I'd just be relaxed and even less likely to sleep.

I also adjusted my schedule to my natural cycle. I'm a night person. I don't get sleepy early. I do a lot at night when its quiet and I feel peaceful. Going to sleep when the body is ready also has been wonderful.

Congrats on being free of meds. If its recent it takes a little while for your body to readjust so it may improve on its own.

But do keep notes on when you naturally get sleepy, and when your normally fully awake and what activities effect this and see if there are also behavioral things which help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health