Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 09:35 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times

Advertisements

It's daylight and my outdoor cat, Melinda, came to greet me from the side. My heart jumped to my throat and I leapt. Earlier, at work, I heard a presence, suddenly my boss was there and he was wondering why I was startled. What I had heard was him entering the room but didn't see the door open.

It's one of those days where my hypochondria anxiety is running wild and while I have those underlying mental processes to address it and my will to tell myself to assert control and enough things to keep me busy but the concentration shift isn't happening.

In a few minutes, I'll turn to my "dinner" (I work graveyard) and between that, a glass of wine, and watching "Clash of the Titans" (1981), maybe that will re-assert more control and bring the anxiety back down.

Think positive thoughts, think "bunches", think of the things that make me ME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2014, 05:33 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Don't get fooled with positivism/optimism! As it's been wisely said: The basis of optimism is sheer terror!

Old 09-04-2014, 06:22 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Well, in my case, it is very much needed, being positive.

Between 'stress' being bad for keeping on weight and sending my BP up, I employ constant measures to keep it down.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:44 AM

22 posts, read 26,878 times
Good morning y'all! I searched a few forums, and was just wondering about anxiety. Let me tell you a little about my situation first. First, I'd like your opinion as someone who faces anxiety. I've read books and self help sites- no help.. My son is 13yrs old, he has ADD, and a strange fear of separation. (Separation anxiety). Like you'd expect from a toddler. I don't understand, and have no idea how to help him. He only acts this way with me, so I can't do much of anything without him. I go from feeling sorry for him, to feeling like he's controlling my every move. Will he grow out of this? Was it something I've done to him to make him this way? Any tips for how he can control his anxiety? My husband, his dad, just gets angry and short with him, and thinks he's fine- just spoiled, but he really gets so out of sorts- crying and freaking out- I've asked him why- my son says he doesn't know, or that he doesn't want me to die- what?? I'm not sick lol I tell him that too, then he says, what if you get in a wreck? I tell him, that if he's there he can't prevent anything- he says he knows, but at least he would die in the wreck with me. What child thinks like this? He hasn't hit puberty yet, so I'm afraid that with any onset of hormones, he's only going to get worse.

Last edited by Mandy1172; 09-21-2014 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 09-21-2014, 06:50 AM

22 posts, read 26,878 times
Red face ?

Did anyone see my post? I'm not sure how this works- sorry

Old 09-24-2014, 05:21 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,147 times
no
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health