U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2014, 08:11 PM

160 posts, read 335,278 times

Advertisements

I have been out of work for 10 months due to mental illnesses. Well I am diagnosed with major depressive disorder and now aniexty disorder. I have lots of panic attacks and crying spells. I mostly drive to my appointments. And recently made a friend from a support group. I can't shake the feeling that I am being spied on. Onetime I was at the mall in the food court and met my new friend there and these 2 guys were sitting at the table next to us, they never really spoke to each other but he kept looking our way. Then once I went to the bathroom as I was saying my hands this lady was just standing there near the trash cans looking at me and its only her and I in there and she wasn't in there when I first came in the bathroom. Then another time while I went to the library I saw this truck on somebody's lawn and when I came an hour later it was still there and the same person was in it. I dunno... I hardly go anywhere..
Is it all in my head?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2014, 10:24 PM

27,845 posts, read 26,448,443 times
Yeah, it's you. Unless you're selling drugs or work for the CIA, nobody's interested. I get a little paranoid from time to time. My son says, "Mom, you're not that interesting." LOL

Old 09-27-2014, 06:53 AM

4,949 posts, read 4,422,743 times
The 2 guys probably thought you and your friend were cute and were checking you out.

The lady in the restroom was probably waiting until you left so she could do her business. Maybe she knew she was going to be really stinky and did not want to offend you with that.

The truck on the lawn...probably doing yard work. It takes a long time to do that.

Old 09-27-2014, 07:39 AM

62,570 posts, read 59,428,330 times
You should discuss this with your mental health professional. Thinking you are being spied on should set off UH-OH bells.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:30 AM

4,761 posts, read 11,822,368 times
So far as being spied on, the government listening in, etc....

Switch it around. You go spy on someone else. Or imagine spying on someone you know.

Go sit in a car in front of their house to "spy" on them. You will learn that it is quite boring after about 5 minutes of doing this.

Stick a tape recorder on your kitchen table or in your living room. Record a full tape, then listen to it.

Quite BORING to say the least!

So why on earth would anyone spy on you?

Also if a person is a criminal, the police most of the time solve crimes with methods other than sitting in a car watching a house all day. That is very expensive and the police have a lot of other things to do - a LOT of calls to go on. They can't easily justify sitting in a car all day watching one house.

So just switch it around and you will see that no one would want to spy on people - it would get to be quite boring after a short time.

Last edited by Billy_J; 09-27-2014 at 12:02 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 07:07 PM

160 posts, read 335,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You should discuss this with your mental health professional. Thinking you are being spied on should set off UH-OH bells.
That's what my friend said and she told me there wasn't anybody in the bathroom at the time we were exited the bathroom. She said if they wanted to spy all they would have to do is look at bank statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health