Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 12:44 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

In acting, we were taught to have an individual mannerism to establish ourselves. My prof picked for me "Puff up your puny breasts with pride!" where I flutter my hands infront of them (the saying I learned from my parents, the hands were my own, and he told me that was mine when I said I didn't have one and he saw me doing that).

But what do you use to calm yourself from stress, especially stress that really doesn't matter? Like tonight, another section had stored their equipment in a space I have to check (but it is not our space) and tonight, all I could really check was the most critical item, but not the other items. I was PI**ED that other people treated the space like their own, not thinking about the other people who had to work in there.

BUT......after about 15 seconds realizing that there was nothing more I can do, that it would be my boss's problem in the morning, that I had other things to do, I decided to release it. So I did a slight plie, spread my hands by my side as if I am patting down my skirt, and "But, H---E----Y!".

What are your ways of releasing stress?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health