U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 06:03 PM

11,494 posts, read 6,273,439 times

Advertisements

In part, this goes toward my Housing thread post about how to figure out how to live; in part, I suppose it is psychology; but it is also one of my means of mental health, of how not to get so tied up in things, how to find answers.

After my shower today and while I was drying off, I picked up a Sundancer catalog. Lots of southwestern style clothing and furnishings and it got me to thinking that maybe that is the style of living I've been looking for, to feel comfortable with.

Not that I would start ordering out of some catalog because of its advertising project, especially not out of that catalog. It is very expensive.

But later, the catalog aside, clothes on, I had the door open, waiting to see if my black tortoise cat, Warren, would decide to come in or not.

Sitting there in the doorway, her black and yellow gold fur in the late day sun, she reminded me that it is a theme I like, the south west and perhaps that is indeed the way to go. Afterall, they do live with me, I do take care of them, and if in the years down the line, I am some cat woman with two heelers, spending much of my time in my kitchen or living room in the shaded sun, can that be all bad?

Familiars are those animals that guide us, show us the way, bring us peace......which probably includes a great many pets.

You know what is often said: "Whenever I (feel lost in the world), I talk to my cat.".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or