U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:38 AM

267 posts, read 348,793 times

Advertisements

Nothing to look forward to. Was laid off a few weeks ago (the entire office closed so I wasn't the only one). I can't fall asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, and then I sleep all day. Nothing is exciting. And things werent THAT much different when I was working, but at least I had somewhere I had to go everyday.
I'm on cymbalta (have been on some type of AD for the past 20 years) but I just feel so blah about everything. I can't enjoy being unemployed for a minute bc I feel guilty. But when I eventually find a new job I'll be missing this 'down' time.
Not in therapy/I don't feel it ever really helped much.

Guess I just needed to vent anonymously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 12:44 AM

5,626 posts, read 5,491,304 times
Get some new meds, see a dr and try a new counselor. You can do it!

Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Get some new meds, see a dr and try a new counselor. You can do it!
Thanks. The thought of starting over on meds is overwhelming.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:16 AM

5,626 posts, read 5,491,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Thanks. The thought of starting over on meds is overwhelming.
Im sure it can be but you have to find something that works because its not working now. Its not uncommon to have to switch meds. Sometimes completely or combining a few.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:35 AM

676 posts, read 784,829 times
Therapy......my thoughts on that. It takes months and months to get to the heart of the matter. "Hello, how are you ? what brings you here today ? info, mother father sister brother". Then " why do you think you feel this way yada yada yada. Money, money money, the longer it takes to get to the real problem the more money they make. Then you may see them once a week if you are lucky. Sorry, just needed to vent.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:44 AM

6,311 posts, read 5,136,406 times
join a job hunters support group. Go register for unemployment with your state employment commission and find out what services they offer. Classes, etc. will give you some place to go most days.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:49 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,664,544 times
Quote:
Nothing to look forward to. Was laid off a few weeks ago (the entire office closed so I wasn't the only one). I can't fall asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, and then I sleep all day. Nothing is exciting. And things werent THAT much different when I was working, but at least I had somewhere I had to go everyday.
I'm on cymbalta (have been on some type of AD for the past 20 years) but I just feel so blah about everything. I can't enjoy being unemployed for a minute bc I feel guilty. But when I eventually find a new job I'll be missing this 'down' time.
Not in therapy/I don't feel it ever really helped much.

Guess I just needed to vent anonymously.
I know you are on medication and lost your job recently, I empathize with you and wish you well.

have you thought about volunteering, if just for a few hours a week, at an organization that will make you happy in knowing you're helping others, and thereby, find joy in that? I have volunteered in the past and look forward to it in the future, and I can't stress how good it feels to give BACK. Do something, anything to help you get out of this emotional funk.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:40 PM

I have a place I used to volunteer at/just don't feel like doing that, or anything else, right now.
Have applied for unemployment so that's something I can check off my list.

Depression is a ****ing *****!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:21 PM

3,376 posts, read 5,095,534 times
Quote:
I have a place I used to volunteer at/just don't feel like doing that, or anything else, right now.
Have applied for unemployment so that's something I can check off my list.

Depression is a ****ing *****!
Right now it's just been the ill effects of being passed up on a desirable work slot that was given to a guy that hasn't even work here that long.
This along with being taken off of a route I enjoyed doing and actually made decent pay off of due to them being short-handed with people to cover local dairy routes.

This sort of anguish has happened before and the results weren't too positive.
Since I could see the same sort of things taking root again, I'm looking at making sure they don't reach that point.
Essentially I'm now at that cross-roads where the joy of working at this location isn't what it used to be when I started.
Do I wait for a desirable spot to open in where I want to transfer to?
Or do simply throw the towel in after applying to somewhere else again?

I wouldn't call what I have depression, but maybe more of a work-induced anxiety barrage.
Sad thing is it happens a little too often for my taste.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:48 AM

399 posts, read 584,465 times
One thing I've noticed about antidepressant- it brigns my anger down, my depression up ever so little, BUT it is not a 'happy' medium! There simply is no such thing. In the middle, you are not up nor down. It's just blah. I struggle with this alot. Feeling so blah!!
I read on a post somewhere a person observed- if they felt the disney world happy happy then when they drove out they felt down. But if they just have a little happy, they don't go down so far. So, a just a little joy was good for them. Idk. I'm not there yet, but someday maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health