U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM

15,483 posts, read 22,776,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
I will stop posting. I just needed to know what to do because I want to resell in spring and move on but I truly believe. my house would sell for 45-50000 less than we paid based in comps currently and that makes us believe we have to update every inch of house to make it worth wait we paid. i am being devastated because I rushed out of a rental and bought the opposite of what we wanted based on what our realtor presented to us
Go. To. Therapy. This advice has been given to you dozens and dozens of times. No matter how much you hit your head in the wall,,it isn't going to change. Stop asking what to do on the Internet.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:57 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,659,699 times
Quote:
My other post is on here under another user name because on my computer I can't login so please forgive me for using this one. but here is a summary of a talk my husband and I have had the past few days.

The sellers really did distract us and spent more time talking to us then we could really absorb the house.
Rather puzzled by OP's full statement, may wish to boil the stream of consciousness to one or two coherent sentences or paragraphs:

1. What is the ask? Curious what the step-by-step logic was for buying a house if "distracted", and minus a professional home inspector?

I've bought just a few properties. In all but one case, I had plenty of time for multiple visits, examine the neighborhood, and 1,001 other things. In the exception-case, super-hot market, I had an inspector turn up simultaneous with my first (and only) viewing of the place, with MY realtor who was aggressive and a demonstrable expert in that particular neighborhood. We had the place inspected in 90 minutes, and I already knew the neighborhood, too. Nothing to decide there.

Easiest $550K I've ever spent, offer was in and accepted over two other competitors within roughly 72hrs, because mine was objectively fair with a fast close.

2. Anything "hidden" in a sale, per State of Washington at-least, is legally actionable to some degree. Uh, may want to go through and list all that in-detail?

RE: "In most states, it's illegal for a home seller to knowingly conceal major defects from buyers, and most have mandatory property disclosure laws covering major home components, systems and conditions. Check out the law in your state."

3. If the objective is "exit strategy," may want to spend some time making estimates to determine options.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:04 AM

4,156 posts, read 9,509,304 times
Quote:
Updated versions are going for 1500 more that's why I am so upset that we overpaid by a lot!!
Why doesn't anyone understand that I am devastated from overpaying on a house we originally thought was a lowball offer?
How is that serving you (and your husband)?

Seriously go seek professional help before you are down a husband too.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:22 AM

14,794 posts, read 21,906,817 times
Default schizophrenia ?

Sunshinegirl7 = Sunshinegirl7 ??
I am confused.

Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 AM

239 posts, read 293,005 times
davebarnes my phone and computer have different logins because of me not being able to enable cookies

My realtor told me before I would have to go trough arbitration for all issues. I called lawyer told me to go to Supreme Court or small claims court if they won't settle for realtor not representing me and also sellers hiding stuff

Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,281,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Sunshinegirl7 = Sunshinegirl7 ??
I am confused.
first post says she couldnt login into the other acct from the computer she was on at the time

Old 12-06-2014, 09:41 AM

7,169 posts, read 8,782,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
In the meantime, try to chill out and get some perspective. If you don't, you're going to follow your bad decision with another bad decision. You admit you decided too quickly on this house. Now you're deciding too quickly to get rid of it and you'll pick your next house too quickly if you are so desperate to move.
^^^^^
This.

Quote:
I just needed to know what to do because I want to resell in spring and move on but I truly believe. my house would sell for 45-50000 less than we paid based in comps currently and that makes us believe we have to update every inch of house to make it worth wait we paid. i am being devastated because I rushed out of a rental and bought the opposite of what we wanted based on what our realtor presented to us
Focus on doing simple things which will make the house more marketable--whether you end up living there a few months or a few years. I don't see how you can blame your real estate agent for you not liking the house (or the Seller for that matter). You apparently liked it before you bought it. Real estate agents aren't mind readers--and neither are they psychiatrists.

Your "predicament" reminds me of some words of wisdom which my grandmother used to say: "Nothing is so bad that it couldn't be worse." Count your blessings.

I see that you have multiple screen names and have posted multiple threads on this topic. I mean no disrespect, but I need to ask: why on earth did you choose the screen name "Sunshinegirl"??

Old 12-06-2014, 09:59 AM

2,288 posts, read 2,728,896 times
I feel for you OP and wish you the best. I like JimJ's post, and feel these are the type you should focus on. Trust me, we've all made horrible financial decisions. I'm the queen of selling at the wrong time. On one house I "lost" $300,000!! That was because I sold before the big boom, and that hurt. But we all have to take our lumps and go on. Your husband sounds amazing and I wish you could appreciate what you do have.

The one I'm in now has so many problems, I swear my inspector just did a drive by. In a race car with blinders on in the dead of night. And I'm old and alone. So anytime you want rid of that understanding man, send him on over.

For other posters, I'd like for you to consider OP needs to vent. More than most? Sure, but I'm hoping her posts help her in some small way. She is depressed with good reason, and no one needs to be kicked while they're down.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:22 AM

239 posts, read 293,005 times
Breeimo and JimJ thank you and my name Sunshine was because to was supposed to be my name when I was born and I have alway always been positive until this and my husband is amazing and keeping me from really giving up

My Realtor I blame because he knew we wanted to fix up house and lowball and said it was a huge lowball off of list price but list price was sellers starting point that their listing agent told me last week that he suggested 30,000 less than what they listed at

Old 12-06-2014, 10:33 AM

8,473 posts, read 10,495,479 times
Quote:

My Realtor I blame because he knew we wanted to fix up house and lowball and said it was a huge lowball off of list price but list price was sellers starting point that their listing agent told me last week that he suggested 30,000 less than what they listed at
STOP BLAMING OTHERS!!!

YOU did not do your due diligence.

YOU chose to talk to the owners in the house.

YOU did not check the list price.

YOU did not evaluate the appraisal.

YOU did not determine what the correct price should be.

Until YOU take responsibility for decisions YOU make in life, YOU will continue to be devastated. And honestly, this type of continued behavior will likely result in lost relationships, specifically your husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or