U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 10:43 AM

6,304 posts, read 5,124,450 times

Advertisements

The OP has posted this same problem in various threads constantly. She ignores every suggestion and just continues to rehash her blaming her aunt, her realtor, the sellers, the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus for having a house she regrets. Rather than accept that she now owns this place and acting like an adult, she writes threads and tortures her family.

She is mentally ill, I am disgusted that she refuses to work on attitude adjustmet.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:44 AM

22,090 posts, read 13,298,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
Updated versions are going for 1500 more that's why I am so upset that we overpaid by a lot!!
Why doesn't anyone understand that I am devastated from overpaying on a house we originally thought was a lowball offer?
No one owes you a house a lowball price. Without seeing the houses you are comparing to right now, it's hard to say why they are lower priced even if you think they are comps. But if your house appraised for what you paid, that's a fair indicator that you paid something around a fair market value. The fact that you wanted to get it for 10% less than that doesn't make that a realistic desire.

I think you really do need the professional help many are recommending. You have unrealistic expectations about buying and owning a home. And you are seemingly obsessed with what you see as the unfairness that you didn't get a huge discount. Hopefully talking to a professional will help you come to terms with your situation and make reasonable and realistic plans for moving forward, whatever that is.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:47 AM

4,885 posts, read 5,133,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmichigan View Post
Focus on doing simple things which will make the house more marketable--whether you end up living there a few months or a few years. I don't see how you can blame your real estate agent for you not liking the house (or the Seller for that matter). You apparently liked it before you bought it. Real estate agents aren't mind readers--and neither are they psychiatrists.
Quote:
I just needed to know what to do because I want to resell in spring and move on but I truly believe. my house would sell for 45-50000 less than we paid based in comps currently and that makes us believe we have to update every inch of house to make it worth wait we paid. i am being devastated because I rushed out of a rental and bought the opposite of what we wanted based on what our realtor presented to us
Jack is right. It's just an extreme case of buyers remorse. Give it some time and talk to someone.
I don't see why you have to resell when, with time, you can slowly update (painting and removing
wallpaper is inexpensive and pretty easy to do). Once you start, you might even enjoy it (make it
your own style) and take pride in what you and your husband have accomplished. You can do one
room at a time (if finances are tight) & you might even find that you are good at it plus you may
find that you have great neighbors.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:14 AM

239 posts, read 294,444 times
But if I over paid by 25,000 and now market is down about 50000 less using the 2 comps now. How will I ever get back to my orignal price after updating for up to 5 years?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:18 AM

5,633 posts, read 8,790,681 times
You did not overpay by $25K if you paid $1500 under the appraised price. Is this whole thIng just a put on?

Old 12-06-2014, 11:42 AM

15,544 posts, read 22,891,664 times
Quote:
But if I over paid by 25,000 and now market is down about 50000 less using the 2 comps now. How will I ever get back to my orignal price after updating for up to 5 years?
Stop. Please, I implore you. This is a problem that cannot be solved by asking the same question, multiple times on different threads.

The first step you need to take is get therapy. Accept what you cannot change.

Old 12-06-2014, 11:52 AM

14,867 posts, read 22,070,076 times
Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Santa Claus
One should never listen to Santa when buying a house.
1. He always recommends a traditional fireplace. Even if it makes no sense from an architectural perspective.
2. He always recommends a large diameter chimney flue that loses lots of heat.
3. He always has the roof structure made extra strong to support the weight of sleigh and 8 reindeer.
4. His annual visits bring lots of soot into the house. And, the cookies attract mice.

I just don't trust the old, fat guy to provide good house-buying advice.

The Tooth Fairy, on the other hand...

Old 12-06-2014, 11:54 AM

7,238 posts, read 8,878,841 times
Quote:
Why doesn't anyone understand that I am devastated from overpaying on a house we originally thought was a lowball offer?
Quote:
BUT we found out from several people and our own research (shame on us for trusting a former car sales man realtor only 1 year experience) we found out we may have overpaid or right at fair price.
Why would you be upset if you paid "right at fair price"? Just because you thought it was really a "lowball" price? Maybe, down the road, someone will think it's a fair price, too, and buy it for that amount or more. Only time will tell. Don't worry...be happy.

Old 12-06-2014, 12:08 PM

239 posts, read 294,444 times
I am just trying to justify what both my husband and I bought house for was to update so again that's why we thought lowballed only to update otherwise we would not have bought house and let stsined carpet pool and pool decking and out dated ness go

here is a. example my friend told me she paid 40,000 below comps of an updated model of a condo. that's what I mean why didn't our realtor do the comps and help us understand how it works?

Old 12-06-2014, 12:15 PM

15,544 posts, read 22,891,664 times
Quote:
I am just trying to justify what both my husband and I bought house for was to update so again that's why we thought lowballed only to update otherwise we would not have bought house and let stsined carpet pool and pool decking and out dated ness go

here is a. example my friend told me she paid 40,000 below comps of an updated model of a condo. that's what I mean why didn't our realtor do the comps and help us understand how it works?
I give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or