U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 02:49 PM

12,304 posts, read 11,484,315 times

Advertisements

How many times are you going to start a new thread for the EXACT same thing? Quit your fing whining and get help. If you're not willing to get help, shut up! You're an adult. Act like it! Other people have actual problems....not waaaah poor me my house is too big and the rug is too old. I'm on my way out the door to make a donation to a local children's charity that needs gloves, hats, scarves, and coats for kids who don't have them and it's winter where I live. Shut up. You don't have any real problems. You're sitting there in you warm, big house, with the old rug. Cry baby.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:55 PM

297 posts, read 479,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMoney View Post
OP - do you have kids?
Unfortunately, she does. I feel sorry for them. I had a mother like the OP. It was torture. And if her husband is enabling this cr@p, he should be smacked upside the head.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:59 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,300,800 times
Right.. so while the sellers were in the house talking with you, you didn't notice the pink curtains. You don't want to spend a penny rehabbing it, is the deal. Well, you're going to spend it in order to sell it and your profit will be small. That's what is getting you. $30,000 with closing costs and etc.. a few pennies maybe. Good job!

Old 12-06-2014, 02:59 PM

35,786 posts, read 39,348,318 times
I'll bet the neighbors sell and don't disclose their crazy neighbor.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:01 PM

989 posts, read 2,552,604 times
Sunshine/ Daydreamer- please stop obsessing about this. Find a hobby, something else to focus on. Something positive. You are oozing negativity and your continually blaming others (your realtor, the sellers) for you making a decision in your life is just a distraction. I will also implore you to seek professional help.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:01 PM

34,773 posts, read 30,685,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
Updated versions are going for 1500 more that's why I am so upset that we overpaid by a lot!!
Why doesn't anyone understand that I am devastated from overpaying on a house we originally thought was a lowball offer?
Because it sounds like you overpaid a little, but that happens sometimes with real estate. It's not like you paid 1 mil for a house that would sell for 50k.

This is not a disaster. You've made it into a disaster.

I'd be more concerned with keeping my marriage from falling apart. Your husband sounds wonderful, but even wonderful guys get tired of soothing a freaked out spouse after a awhile.

Especially over something that's easily remedied. Fix up your place. The changes you need to make are largely cosmetic. Once you make them, you'll enjoy the home more.

Stay there for a while. Pretty soon, your house will gain in value and you can sell it with updates already made.

You're going to screw up worse financially by fleeing this house that you really did not dramatically overpay on.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinegirl7 View Post
I do want off here and some day to come back and tell u guys good news I swear. I just need some kind of light to look forward to with down the road I will at least get back what I paid and hopefully some of the remodeling costs and wanted someone to explain how my house was comped with an updated. that's all
I can explain the comps.

Your house is not in bad shape. The appraiser doesn't care if your house has a brass chandelier and brass doorknobs with chrome faucets instead of an oil-rubbed bronze chandelier with stainless faucets and brushed nickel doorknobs.

You care. The appraiser does not.

The only thing you have mentioned when describing the differences between two homes built in the 1980s that might matter is the condition of your pool.

That's it.

Make sense now???

Last edited by RedZin; 12-06-2014 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-06-2014, 03:34 PM

687 posts, read 735,198 times
Well get your tools out and start fixing things to how you want them. You can adjust pretty much ANY aspect of a house.

What you can't change are the location of the property or your neighbors. If you're happy with those last two then get out your hammer and a sawzall and go to town. Maybe you and your hubby can work together on the house, little project by little project, and learn a lot about building houses (and maybe bond with each other) along the way.

Old 12-06-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
Well get your tools out and start fixing things to how you want them. You can adjust pretty much ANY aspect of a house.

What you can't change are the location of the property or your neighbors. If you're happy with those last two then get out your hammer and a sawzall and go to town. Maybe you and your hubby can work together on the house, little project by little project, and learn a lot about building houses (and maybe bond with each other) along the way.
I was thinking the same. OP said they loved the neighborhood and the location of the home. That's huge. She said she really liked the back yard... again, that's huge.

The house itself can be changed up. It's not falling down around them. It seems to be in decent shape given its age. So, why not just do the minor cosmetic fix-ups that will make the place more cheerful to be in, and then slowly work on the slightly more expensive fix-ups?

In no time, it'll be the sort of house the OP will not be upset to live in. Will it ever be her dream house? Probably not. But... you never know.

She might look back and laugh about this one day.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:23 PM

12,290 posts, read 23,382,001 times
Sunshine, you MUST stop posting the same questions over and over. The answers you're seeking are not going to be found on this forum. Again, you need to work with a therapist intensively for 1+ months (2-3X per week) to get the help you need. You already made one irrational decision to buy this house; please allow a therapist to help get your mind back into a rational state before making any other house decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or