U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 AM

98 posts, read 102,830 times

Advertisements

so did you go out for that walk??? are you starting to eat better?

You better say yes! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 09:29 PM

10 posts, read 15,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nms9747 View Post
so did you go out for that walk??? are you starting to eat better?

You better say yes! lol
Well I have walked out and a lot more often instead pf driving but the food... that's the hard part.. but I think I'll stop drinking soda soon. I really don't want to be so huge anymore.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:38 AM

98 posts, read 102,830 times
don't think about it, just do it!!! Soda is so bad for you... my mom is addicted to it and every week she gets sick with something new. It's sad.

You have to cut out all the fast food too. I know its convenient - but it's so bad for you!

Some good ideas to food & drinks are: Lemon water, fresh fruit smoothies, organic juice, grilled chicken, fish, salads, wraps, and soups. There's a little list to start with. Try to go for organic since it's the best for your body.

There are great ways to marinate chicken and fish so it tastes good. You gotta cut out the burgers, the fries, ice cream, chips and soda... You will really drop the pounds quickly when you start walking and eating right.

I really hope your mentally in a better place. Did you have a chat with your parents? What's the latest?!!

Old 10-31-2014, 01:42 AM

Well I ate chicken today but it was fried. I don't have access to immediate organic food sadly. And well since I don't have money, its hard to buy other foods or convince my parents to buy something else.
It's better now, we kinda went back to "normal" which is good, I am currently looking for a job and hope to get one soon. Also I am doing better, It's weird because when I am calm I realize how stupid I sound when I speak about suicide cause I know I wouldn't do it, I actually like life. Sometimes I just feel it too difficult and I just want to give up... thank you for sticking around though I really appreciate it lots.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:00 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,027,624 times
If i was counseling you (and i am right now ) I would tell you the following:

I suspect you might have a traumatic brain injury from your accident and some of your symptoms. The good new is that you qualify for FREE insurance under the new laws! Go online, get signed up, and see a neurologist ASAP. Also get a primary care doctor and a therapist. Again, all free.

If the 9k is causing so much stress, consider bankruptcy (unless someone else already helped you pay for it then you can't. )

If you DO get kicked out, and have no friends or family, you will need to stay in a shelter until all is figured out with that.

Don't forget to keep exercising. Start counting calories. Such an awareness can make all the difference.

Old 10-31-2014, 05:08 AM

What kind of trauma? I actually feel okay from that accident, to me it was just a stupid mistake but a big one. Thanks, I'll try that but hopefully I am not getting kicked out any time soon. Thanks!

Old 10-31-2014, 09:55 AM

5,188 posts, read 3,804,816 times
My knee-jerk reaction to the original post was that it's not genuine, but just someone trolling for reactions. Unbelievable circumstances. But thing that life should have taught me: when you think you have trouble, just look around and you'll you aren't alone. It especially hurts to see someone so young being so miserable.

I can't offer anything beyond the excellent advice already suggested and best wishes.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:05 PM

I understand if you feel that way but no, I am no troll. I wish my problems were fake. Sadly I am in serious debt and all my life I've been bullied even by my own parents. It's okay though, some day it'll change. Thanks for your post though.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:28 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,027,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akleptic92 View Post
What kind of trauma? I actually feel okay from that accident, to me it was just a stupid mistake but a big one. Thanks, I'll try that but hopefully I am not getting kicked out any time soon. Thanks!
As you said:

"when I was 16 i got on a skateboard and tried going down a hill, my forehead has a rip on it from the skin that was opened and my back is fractured, i have 12 screws in my back so sometimes I can get really uncomfortable if there is no back support"

A hot that hard in front of head may cause frontal lobe damage. Get checked by a neurologist. Show her this post.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:58 AM

10 posts, read 15,022 times
I'm 22 going through some bad stuff as well no job depressed and have been failing in life you just have to keep trying and going I believe you can get through it and survive it's people like us when we over come this well in return help others who are feeling like us. Your parents should not kick you out your their child no matter what age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or