U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM

10 posts, read 15,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidFlash View Post
I'm 22 going through some bad stuff as well no job depressed and have been failing in life you just have to keep trying and going I believe you can get through it and survive it's people like us when we over come this well in return help others who are feeling like us. Your parents should not kick you out your their child no matter what age.
Yeah, well I think I am okay now, I think I might have a job this friday. I'm hoping it works out. Thanks bro and well as you've told me, keep your head up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:55 PM

10 posts, read 15,096 times
Hey akleptic92 hows it going did you get the job and thanks for wishing me luck my life has been getting really worse I might end up homeless to soon man. It's nice to finally find some good people out there my age even it's on the internet.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:40 AM

10,194 posts, read 7,634,453 times
I am really sorry you are struggling so much. From reading your post and replies, I can sense you are very stuck in a depressive cycle. Everything feels too hard when like that. I had a similar issue and I was able to climb out with a list of things I needed to do to make my life better. I would pick the easiest thing off that list, and do it...just do it. Once it was done, I picked another.

Your list could look like
Looking into free or low cost insurance
See a doctor for a check up
See a psychiatrist for medications
Start couch to 5 k program
Clean up bedroom
Find an outfit that makes you feel good
Get a part time job
Look at colleges
Get a hair cut
Go to a social occasion
See a therapist.

The key is you don't have to do it in order, you do what is the least difficult at the moment. In your case, there might be a urge to look for medical insurance early on. Making no money and suffering from depression, you should be able to find some form of free or mega low cost insurance.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:57 AM

4,923 posts, read 5,835,914 times
Walk if that's all you can do for now.. exercise will definitely help you all around - mentally and physically.
Start slow/short and keep going further as time goes on.

While 10K is a lot of money.. don't let it define who you are.
Slow and steady wins the race.. just keep making payments as you can and whatever you do - stay in touch with the folks you owe the money to.

Joining the services also sounds like a fabulous idea!

Don't spend any time with people who call you names. Life's too short.
(It sounds like you're spending way to much time around negative people.)
Best of luck!!!

Old 11-13-2014, 11:10 AM

7,493 posts, read 10,216,124 times
It's obvious that your parents don't understand or are in complete denial about your problems. Have they ever been brought to attention any problems you've had growing up? I know many parents don't want to see their kids in a bad light because they think it reflects back on their parenting, whether or not it's true. You should look into some shelters in your area. I'm serious. Not only can they point you in the right direction about your mental health and intellect, but they can help you get the tools you need to get moving in this world. Get out of your parents' house, just do it. They can't help you, they won't help you because they're not knowledgeable. Not to mention their threatening to kick you out is not making things better. So find a shelter that can help and walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I said nothing about you having to pay for it. I'm assuming there is a free program available. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I suggested to ask a local mental health clinic in your area for advice. I would think most mental heath patients do not have money. They may be able to get you into a program at no cost to you.
I strongly suggest to make that call tomorrow morning.

I do not know how you managed to get 9K in debt in your situation. Assuming you are accepted a mental heath facility should be able to help you file for bankruptcy. There is no way you are going to be able to pay that bill.
I understand your advice to the OP, but care for the mentally ill and mentally disabled in this country is pretty subpar, to say it nicely.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:49 AM

10 posts, read 15,126 times
I really must thank each and everyone one of you. You have no idea how much your words have helped. But I did not deserve them, I am still living here at my parents but I have a job now. Even though it's minimum wage it's something right? I have made plans to pay my debt of 600$ to the Pierce County district court which is my priority, though I am trying to save money for my motorcycle which I will be buying in the next month or so. After those two things I am going to community college for culinary arts and start my career as a chef. I can't thank all of you enough for helping me out and well I hope all of you are well but as of now, I don't think a therapist is actually needed. Mostly my suicidal thoughts come from seeking attention. I feel life has too much to offer for me to end it. Thank you all again though and I hope you all live well because of your help to someone who didn't even deserve it. I will most likely be leaving this post in the past if I don't choose to erase it. I feel I said it too many times but I can't stop thanking all of you for your kind words. Goodbye now!

Old 11-22-2014, 07:21 PM

5 posts, read 2,900 times
Hi,
I'm sorry for all of the difficulties you sre going thru. But remember we are all human and learnig how to navigate on this giant planet. And we all make mistakes. Maybe your accidents are making it harder for you to think. Hospitals and doctors are free if you are dirt poor. Plus your parents are pretty mean making you move out when you are struggling. Keep searching for a better life elsewhere. Its ouut there. You will find it andd be very glad you didn't off yourself. Good luck.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:26 AM

6,322 posts, read 5,060,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akleptic92 View Post
I really must thank each and everyone one of you. You have no idea how much your words have helped. But I did not deserve them, I am still living here at my parents but I have a job now. Even though it's minimum wage it's something right? I have made plans to pay my debt of 600$ to the Pierce County district court which is my priority, though I am trying to save money for my motorcycle which I will be buying in the next month or so. After those two things I am going to community college for culinary arts and start my career as a chef. I can't thank all of you enough for helping me out and well I hope all of you are well but as of now, I don't think a therapist is actually needed. Mostly my suicidal thoughts come from seeking attention. I feel life has too much to offer for me to end it. Thank you all again though and I hope you all live well because of your help to someone who didn't even deserve it. I will most likely be leaving this post in the past if I don't choose to erase it. I feel I said it too many times but I can't stop thanking all of you for your kind words. Goodbye now!
Glad to hear that!

Thank you for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or