Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 08:05 PM

10 posts, read 16,314 times

Advertisements

Well here's my lame story, I am 22 and still live with my parents. Yep. Anyway, I am being threatened to being kicked out often. Most of the time it goes over and whatever but this time it is serious, mostly because I don't have a job. It's hard to admit that I am a loser, a big one. All my life I've been overweight or obese to put it lightly. I'm pretty stupid too, it's weird to say now that I think about it but yeah, I'm not smart like at all, I dont have common sense and its funny that I have this ongoing manipulation to people that I am smart. I had left home about a year and a half ago to go live with some friends in another state and it was bad, I didnt last at the first job i got, the second I was only let in because my friend recommended me, I was so bad at that job for the beginning months and even everyone there called me an idiot in a playful manner but only to soften the punch to the face. I tried my hardest to do a good job but my inability to think clearly had me always failing at something or another. Basically I make a lot of mistakes. I got into so much debt because of my mistakes (about 10,000 dollars worth of debt) and all because I'm stupid, when I was 16 i got on a skateboard and tried going down a hill, my forehead has a rip on it from the skin that was opened and my back is fractured, i have 12 screws in my back so sometimes I can get really uncomfortable if there is no back support. When I was young I wanted to be a firefighter but I was told im too fat and too stupid which was true as a result haha now I want to be a chef.

i lost my train of thought cause I was doing things. So I guess you probably think I am making a self pity post but I'm not. Well not really, I am interested in knowing where I could possibly stay, If i do get kicked out. I dont have much work experience and my credit is probably horrible, what should my next step be if I do get kicked out, I have tried getting a job but because of my looks I dont get hired. And losing weight is too long term... unsure of what to do and I keep thinking my best option is suicide. It would be cheaper and hopefully quick. But im not sure I could do it. Then again ive done things I never thought I'd do. So this could just be my goodbye letter if anything. Life is too hard, i feel like I was dealt a bad hand but at the same time not so bad yet I made the wrong moves. Im really just rambling but I hope someone can help me out. If not thanks anyway for reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 08:14 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akleptic92 View Post
Well here's my lame story, I am 22 and still live with my parents. Yep. Anyway, I am being threatened to being kicked out often. Most of the time it goes over and whatever but this time it is serious, mostly because I don't have a job. It's hard to admit that I am a loser, a big one. All my life I've been overweight or obese to put it lightly. I'm pretty stupid too, it's weird to say now that I think about it but yeah, I'm not smart like at all, I dont have common sense and its funny that I have this ongoing manipulation to people that I am smart. I had left home about a year and a half ago to go live with some friends in another state and it was bad, I didnt last at the first job i got, the second I was only let in because my friend recommended me, I was so bad at that job for the beginning months and even everyone there called me an idiot in a playful manner but only to soften the punch to the face. I tried my hardest to do a good job but my inability to think clearly had me always failing at something or another. Basically I make a lot of mistakes. I got into so much debt because of my mistakes (about 10,000 dollars worth of debt) and all because I'm stupid, when I was 16 i got on a skateboard and tried going down a hill, my forehead has a rip on it from the skin that was opened and my back is fractured, i have 12 screws in my back so sometimes I can get really uncomfortable if there is no back support. When I was young I wanted to be a firefighter but I was told im too fat and too stupid which was true as a result haha now I want to be a chef.

i lost my train of thought cause I was doing things. So I guess you probably think I am making a self pity post but I'm not. Well not really, I am interested in knowing where I could possibly stay, If i do get kicked out. I dont have much work experience and my credit is probably horrible, what should my next step be if I do get kicked out, I have tried getting a job but because of my looks I dont get hired. And losing weight is too long term... unsure of what to do and I keep thinking my best option is suicide. It would be cheaper and hopefully quick. But im not sure I could do it. Then again ive done things I never thought I'd do. So this could just be my goodbye letter if anything. Life is too hard, i feel like I was dealt a bad hand but at the same time not so bad yet I made the wrong moves. Im really just rambling but I hope someone can help me out. If not thanks anyway for reading.
Sounds to me you need to check into a mental hospital.

Call a local mental healh clinic in your area tomorrow and ask for their advice. The State of California will likely have something for you.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Sounds to me you need to check into a mental hospital.

Call a local mental healh clinic in your area tomorrow and ask for their advice. The State of California will likely have something for you.
I dont have money or insurance. Life is too expensive and I still owe about 9,000 dollars. So that isnt an option. Thanks anyway.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I dont have money or insurance. Life is too expensive and I still owe about 9,000 dollars. So that isnt an option. Thanks anyway.
I said nothing about you having to pay for it. I'm assuming there is a free program available. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I suggested to ask a local mental health clinic in your area for advice. I would think most mental heath patients do not have money. They may be able to get you into a program at no cost to you.
I strongly suggest to make that call tomorrow morning.

I do not know how you managed to get 9K in debt in your situation. Assuming you are accepted a mental heath facility should be able to help you file for bankruptcy. There is no way you are going to be able to pay that bill.

Old 10-27-2014, 10:14 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Default Please help about to be homeless (CA)

Quote:

Quick contact several of these suicide hot lines and be informed that mental health is free within the state of California , and see if you can be placed inside of a special needs group home.
Crisis Helplines in California | Someonehelpedme.com

California Suicide Hotlines - Suicide.org! California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines, California Suicide Hotlines!

Crisis and Suicide Prevention Hotline for Riverside County

Help, Inc. - Shasta County Suicide Prevention and Intervention

Phone Hotline for Teens | Help for Teens in Crisis

http://www.dbsasandiego.org/resources/help-lines.pdf

References | Crisis Help Lines | Los Angeles County Hotlines | San Bernardino County Hotlines | National Crisis Hotlines

Old 10-27-2014, 10:52 PM

178 posts, read 232,375 times
I admit uninsured patients who need to be hospitalized for mental health issues all the time. If you really have no income, you will likely qualify for Medicaid. The hospital social workers can help you with the paperwork or at least help you apply for charity funds.

10k of debt is nothing. Many people have way more debt than you. You need to figure out what you are good at and get a job. If you really can't work, then you need to apply for disability.

Do you have any siblings or friends who can help you get your life back on track?

Old 10-28-2014, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly2 View Post
I admit uninsured patients who need to be hospitalized for mental health issues all the time. If you really have no income, you will likely qualify for Medicaid. The hospital social workers can help you with the paperwork or at least help you apply for charity funds.

10k of debt is nothing. Many people have way more debt than you. You need to figure out what you are good at and get a job. If you really can't work, then you need to apply for disability.

Do you have any siblings or friends who can help you get your life back on track?
Wow, are you serious with that statement? If someone has an almost guaranteed job and health insurance earning at least 40K per year it can be manageable. But no way in heck is anyone in the OP's situation going to be able to pay that off.

40K per year jobs are near impossible to find these days, especially with the OP's skills. Even more so in your early 20s unless one has a career that is in demand like nursing.

I wouldn't mind knowing how that kind of debt is even possible being in the OP's situation. Banks are not going to loan people in his position that kind of money. I'm thinking that he got the debt by going in and out of emergency rooms.

I found this topic on the front page of City-Data under Los Angeles. Assuming this topic is real (in the back of my mind it may not be) I wonder if the OP even knows his topic was moved because there is no mention of it over there.

Last edited by John13; 10-28-2014 at 04:17 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-28-2014, 05:20 AM

Well I can assure you my situation is very real. I dont think I'll be going to any hospital soon since the whole thing blew over. Yet i still feel like crap. So as I said earlier, I moved to another state and got a job. I was driving back home since our usual driver went on some ****ing affair, I swerved a little since I was really new at driving and it was night time, I almost went onto the lane that is only for making lefts, my friend told me to go back and a cop saw me pulled me over and I got a ticket for no license. Second mistake, I was sick and went to the hospital, They literally just told me I had a virus and that in a few days it would go away, I have no insurance or medicaid so a few days or a week later I got a bill of 2,000$. Third mistake, I drove my friends car and on a street where I had a stop sign, I lingered too long and when I finally went this car hit me since he was going like 50-60 mph but they said it was my fault even though it was a 35mph street he was going too fast and i couldnt tell since it was night time he looked really far away. Got another ticket for no insurance and license. That was a thousand. The other guys car LITERALLY had no damage done to it except for one of his headlights and I think a dent on his bumper. I get a bill saying I owe about 9,000$ for that. I dont even know how it could be that much, it was insane. So basically I am 10,000$ in debt. For my stupid mistakes. I didnt see how my post was moved but okay I guess.
Thanks for all your comments though.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:44 AM

98 posts, read 119,957 times
Hey man, I can see your going through some type of depression and I can suggest things and you can take the advice or not, it's up to you.

First off, we need to get your health in check. I get the whole insurance issue, but that's not preventing you from excersizing and eating healthy. Get outside lovely CA and walk, walk fast, then jog, then run... work your way up. If your too embarassed to go during the day, go at night or early morning. Do you have a dog? take him for a walk!Commit yourself to a new healthier lifestyle. In time, you will feel better and look better. But it all begins with that FIRST step. You can do it! Make a nice playlist and get moving. Drink water... no junk food, no soda, cut that crap out really.

Talk to your parents. Show them you want to change your life. Maybe if they see that your actually commiting to something, they won't kick you out of the house.

A month or two into your excersizing, I would look into obtaining a student loan so you can attend a Chef school. Most loans (if Im not mistaken) allow you to pay them back AFTER you graduate. You have to be 100% commited to going to chef school, otherwise, you will be stuck with a big loan for a long time. Or, maybe you will get into such good shape that you will want to join the Air Force, Marines, or Army.... you will get chicks left and right in a uniform man... us girls love that!!

Stay positive and just do it!!!

Old 10-28-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nms9747 View Post
Hey man, I can see your going through some type of depression and I can suggest things and you can take the advice or not, it's up to you.

First off, we need to get your health in check. I get the whole insurance issue, but that's not preventing you from excersizing and eating healthy. Get outside lovely CA and walk, walk fast, then jog, then run... work your way up. If your too embarassed to go during the day, go at night or early morning. Do you have a dog? take him for a walk!Commit yourself to a new healthier lifestyle. In time, you will feel better and look better. But it all begins with that FIRST step. You can do it! Make a nice playlist and get moving. Drink water... no junk food, no soda, cut that crap out really.

Talk to your parents. Show them you want to change your life. Maybe if they see that your actually commiting to something, they won't kick you out of the house.

A month or two into your excersizing, I would look into obtaining a student loan so you can attend a Chef school. Most loans (if Im not mistaken) allow you to pay them back AFTER you graduate. You have to be 100% commited to going to chef school, otherwise, you will be stuck with a big loan for a long time. Or, maybe you will get into such good shape that you will want to join the Air Force, Marines, or Army.... you will get chicks left and right in a uniform man... us girls love that!!

Stay positive and just do it!!!

Thanks guy, I really mean that. Thanks! I have tried to lose weight but never really had the motivation but I think i'll start that. Thanks a lot stranger, it's good to know that there are still a lot of nice people out there. Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health