U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 08:15 PM

Location: I'm out searching for me... If you see me, let me know... ;--)
3,551 posts, read 1,997,189 times

Advertisements

Do you ever have that moment that you need somebody to listen but you look around and nobody is there? I often tell the convenience store clerk or a librarian (or two!) about a joy or sorrow. That is okay, but can still leave me feeling lonely.

I had a crazy morning- I have a new job- I work in the Fraud dept at a banking center. It is soooo stressful when you don't have the security questions you need and you feel like a complete fool for holding up the customer! Plus, my supervisors have been telling me I was ready to leave training and work on the floor!

On top of that- I am looking for an apt and running out of month to get one by December 1st!! I kept finding they were too much or the apt was NOT what I could imagine myself in. I felt I would have to give up and move in January! I didn't want that! So, there I was stressed to the limit and wanting to get up and LEAVE. Good bye crazy job!

But I have been learning a lesson- that I don't know what will happen in the future- or in the next moment! I have a hard time with this! In my imagination- all the bad things, negative outcomes are set in stone and I'd better fix it NOW! (Huh, before the really bad things take over!!

But truly, we do not know!

I went back to work after lunch and told a supervisor how I didn't feel ready to go to production. She told me that was fine, I'd have at least another week of training! Phew!! Plus, as of my 3:00 break, I have TWO apts that I LIKE! I have to work out some minor details to chose between two apts: the small brand new like (whole kitchen was re-done after a fire) apt WITH a washer and dryer in apt or the bigger, two bedroom townhouse that feels like a home!

In the AM I will figure out the minor details to chose!

Do you have a joy or concern you need SOMEBODY to listen to you? (I'll be back in the AM to see! )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 07:07 AM

31,082 posts, read 28,943,227 times
Sounds like its being overwhelmed with issues. The best thing to do is simply relax and take it one thing at a time. Focus! KISS Keep it simple stupid always worked for me when things or issues got out of hand during the workday or at home. The worst thing is to panic,,,,,, No one can do a perfect job when they first start out working in a department or with a company. There’s always room for improvement as you learn more about how things work, and you will get better each day. Take it one day at a time and don’t worry.

I’ve always heard that misery loves company,,,, there have been several times when I wanted just one person to be there for me but …………. So I have to do what I can or can’t and move on.

Last edited by AksarbeN; 11-25-2014 at 08:28 AM..

Old 11-25-2014, 08:49 AM

32,602 posts, read 13,531,444 times
We're here for you! it's happened to me too. Could call my Dad, that wasn't a good choice, could call my DD, not a good choice either.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:17 AM

15,800 posts, read 8,710,948 times
Do I have a joy or concern that I need somebody to listen to? No not really. I'm the listener these days. One of my best friends just had surgery, another best friends husband is battling Leukemia, another friend had his second hip replacement, another one has stage 4 lung cancer, another one has his wife in the hospital where I work. My problems are insignificant compared to what my friends are going through. I just run from place to place and try to help put out the fires. I'll do anything I can for them.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:13 PM

24,065 posts, read 23,844,924 times
Little Tinny is also here... been down those rapids many a time.. as AksarbN said... K I S S is the best way to handle just about anything.. don't out think the thinker.. you will burn yourself out... small steps and focus on those.. and move forward.. SLOWLY and have a great day....

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 11-25-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 11-26-2014, 08:44 PM

Default Well...

I am a little disappointed that my thread has been moved here. I wanted a place, if someone wishes to share a story, but they are alone (or the people around them that don't care) they could tell it.

It is a shame that this idea was looked as if it was about mental illness. YES I can see how it would but that was NOT my intention.

AND I don't want a diary- I could do that but that was not what I wanted. I am sure I am not the only one who wishes to share but has no one.

But that doesn't mean you are mentally hurting. OR maybe it does (and makes you feel that way) when it is LOOKED AS IF IT IS.

Okay, rant over. But I don't want to post here anymore.

Old 11-29-2014, 04:37 AM

6,319 posts, read 6,067,310 times
I have that feeling, daily.

Old 12-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Big problems. No one to talk to. No, I won't do it here either. Oh well. Mental illness 101 is my middle name, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or