Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 11:14 AM

226 posts, read 614,774 times

Advertisements

I suffer from depression and anxiety. I was in love with this guy, but there were so many things that prevented me from going further with him. So many things like he does coke, he's a player, etc etc. I remained friend with him because he told me about his life story and I could relate. I figured it would be ok to have him as a friend than to not have him at all. I stuck up for him, never judged him. I was there by his side though thick and thin, and I thought it would always stay that way. Good friends!

Well, I have been ignoring him for the past two months because I noticed a change in his attitude towards me. In September he started to be come hasty with me, and started to be mean to me, so I just didn't talk to him. Then he started contacting my parents and asking them "We all should go out!" He included my name and then he said "I have been trying to go out with you guys for over a year!" And so he invited me out to a bar the other night, and I decided to go because I felt bad I ignored him. I went and it was the worst night of my life. He ignored me, humiliated me, and bullied me. He kept saying "I knew you were a lesbian!" All because I call a girl "hot" to her face. He kept calling me the other derogatory name for lesbian. He introduced me to people and said "This is my friend Sara, the d*ke" People laughed and thought it was funny. He treated me so terribly, and so wrong. He also flirted with girls in fornt of me and talked to them and left me by myself and ignored me. It was such a terrible, traumatic night for me. Reminded me of the bullied days in high school, it brought that emotional trauma back.

Well I am never speaking to him again. He humiliated me and made a fool out of me, and was utterly cruel to me that whole night. But now I just have immense anger! I can't let go of it. I can't sleep and when I do sleep I have nightmares of him ignoring me and ridiculing me in front of people. I am so distraught and upset over this incident. I am letting him rent so much space in my head. I just don't know what to do? I am so angry, sad, and hurt. I feel like ripping him to shreds but I know I can't. I am in a deep depression, and all I keep doing is replaying that horrible night out in my head. How do I let go of this anger? Will I ever let go of it? I am so hurt, that it's causing physical problems, and it literally consumes my head day in and day out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 11:40 AM

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
Place a fairly thick rubber band around your wrist.
Get involved in something positive, be it a hobby, a group, other friends, etc...
Whenever you think about the idiot and his antics, give yourself a snap on the wrist with your rubber band ("elastic", if you're in the UK).

Old 11-27-2014, 11:45 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
um

nothing ever good can come out of a relationship with a womanizing cokehead

learn to play an instrument or get some other hobby that you enjoy that helps you pass the time

you will have no time to be angry... out of sight out of mind

Old 11-27-2014, 07:02 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunetteBabe1005 View Post
How do I let go of this anger?
By getting underneath somebody else, preferably not a coke-head womanizing loser jerk.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:46 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
The best advice I can give you............find some positive ppl to hang out with and that you enjoy and shortly you won't be thinking of this D bag any longer.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
U appear to have issues that are larger than this boy
Deal with that first

Old 11-27-2014, 09:56 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
Hit a boxing that helped a friend of mine. And yes be with positive people. When ever you remember about this incident postpone to another time. It is not worth stewing your self about what happened. Take a deep breath go for a long walk let it go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health