U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 07:29 PM

28 posts, read 44,335 times

Advertisements

Nutrition is really important. I switched to a more paleo diet. At least my blood sugar levels are much better now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 03:33 AM

546 posts, read 773,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catw1101 View Post
Nutrition is really important. I switched to a more paleo diet. At least my blood sugar levels are much better now.
Hello care,

I am coming online after many days and let me reassure you that there are absolutely no headaches while the therapy is going on, or afterwards. None whatsoever. However, my treatment is also different you can see in the picture I posted. I just wear the helmet and the machine works. Unlike everywhere elsewhere they physically move the magnet on your head and there's a twitching of the thumb.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:48 AM

Hello everyone.

It has been many days. I expected to keep a daily online journal but believe it or not- one of the conditions of the Doctor is that I keep away from the computer as it is clearly an addiction. I am keeping a physical journal and I intend to put it online after the treatment.

Now there's much to say. I am writing this at the therapy wearing the helmet.
It is day 8 of my treatment. I go everyday but Sundays.

Is it working? Absolutely.
On day 3 I started feeling very good. Exactly like I felt for a few hours after I had a head massage in Canada. That feeling of extreme light headedness and clarity. I was focused although my attention span still wasn't there(took me 5 seatings to finish Citizen Kane which I loved).

Day 4 wasn't anything great. I didn't feel high but I didn't feel the usual low either. It has been the same ever since. However I am nowhere as miserable as I had been in the preceding 9 months in Canada.

I must re-emphasise on nutrition and food. Literally that is half the battle won. I have a diet. It's mostly fruits and veggies but also eggs, fish and the occasional chicken(not red meat). But lots of fruits. I am devouring oranges and bananas and almonds like no one's business. And I am drinking a lot of water. Like 2-3 litres a day of liquid.

My doctor says that the effect really start to show by the 12th-15th seating and I am just on my 8th right now.

There is much to share. Everything matters....your state of mind, the amount we spend looking at screens(computer,laptops, mobiles), nutrition, chemicals in our food and of course the understanding of the mind as a metaphysical concept and the brain as a biological.

I may not be able to post as frequently because as I said...it is part of my detoxification. But I will be lurking here and be back to posting after the therapy(another month to 35 days approx). I am also reading a lot of philosophy(Greek, Roman, ancient Hindu) and sleeping like a baby.

Cheers
Rishi.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:47 PM

45,269 posts, read 90,881,844 times
Yay! Congrats for the progress!!

Now get off the computer

Old 12-28-2014, 12:26 AM

6,402 posts, read 3,236,499 times
Great news! Just pop on for a few minutes every few days to update us.

I wonder whether this could be a breakthrough in treating depression and autism? Or just plain brain fog? I'm watching this space with great interest.

The computer saved me from going nuts! Now I'm wanting to spend less time on it and go do something. Being connected to others was an important part of my process. It used to be looking up interesting stuff and pursuing my hobby but it became an escape when things went pear shaped.

Old 12-28-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

I wonder whether this could be a breakthrough in treating depression and autism? Or just plain brain fog? I'm watching this space with great interest.

The computer saved me from going nuts! Now I'm wanting to spend less time on it and go do something. Being connected to others was an important part of my process. It used to be looking up interesting stuff and pursuing my hobby but it became an escape when things went pear shaped.
You are doing great too Guy, just keep taking it one day at a time

Old 12-29-2014, 07:52 AM

28 posts, read 44,335 times
Thank you for this update! Really appreciate that it is helping you. If it is at all covered by my insurance, I would try it. I have an appt. with a psychiatry office that offers it and is big into it. Glad you are feeling better. Depression can be a real mess over time.

Old 12-29-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catw1101 View Post
Thank you for this update! Really appreciate that it is helping you. If it is at all covered by my insurance, I would try it. I have an appt. with a psychiatry office that offers it and is big into it. Glad you are feeling better. Depression can be a real mess over time.
So glad to see you are still hanging tough catw

A family member in Delaware is very involved in treating folks with TMS and he is very impressed with results. As you said, not all insurance will pay for it, but if yours does maybe you could give it a shot before ECT. Hope your appt is very soon!

Old 01-05-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

You are right 303, the computer and indeed the internet is a boon. I am hoping to be a movie director someday and I wouldn't be anywhere near my goal if it weren't for the internet. It's a lifeline now.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:22 PM

Day 15:

Hey guys
Today is day 15 of the treatment. The effects are prominent but I don't know if it's because of the machine and this therapy. In other words I feel good but I don't see wanting to continue for another whole month, but that is the recommendation.

I had my wisdom tooth removed which tortured me to no ends. I think physical pain and discomfort are highly underrated in that everyone says how an emotional pain can have no equal in despair. I guess it depends on the circumstances and individuals but physical discomfort is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. The two nights prior to the operation and then the actual operation and the after effects are hurting like mad. No sleep, just praying that it passes and all the good done by the therapy seems undone.
But I know this will pass. Hope the antibiotics work as they promise.

Here's a happy new year to all of you. Ill keep advising anyone reading this to go for this treatment. In Canada here's a long waiting list(I applied in November and got a date for feb). If it's paid by insurance that's great otherwise research other avenues

Rishi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or