U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2015, 11:15 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
6,312 posts, read 3,191,147 times
Reputation: 3104

Advertisements

All the best for the new year ahead, rishi85 and all those to follow. Keep well and keep at the treatment. And keep in touch!

303Guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2015, 05:31 PM
 
Location: Purgatory
6,322 posts, read 5,032,129 times
Reputation: 9781
Hi Rishi, i am enjoying and appreciating your updates.

Where are you doing this and what is the cost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2015, 10:00 PM
 
Location: Somewhere on this 3rd rock from the sun
546 posts, read 769,038 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Hi Rishi, i am enjoying and appreciating your updates.

Where are you doing this and what is the cost?
Hello utopian slums,
Sorry for the late reply. I am from Canada(East Indian descent) and couldn't get it there because of the cost and wait period. So I did some research and found one in my home country of India.

I am in this city called Chandigarh which is 4 hours from New Delhi. They have a center in Delhi also.
The cost is incredibly cheap because these group of doctors are doing it as public service for the poor. So I am paying around 300 dollars for the entire 45 day treatment. If you go to the high end exclusive doctors in Delhi/Mumbai the cost is much higher but still cheaper than US/Can die to currency value differnce.
For example a top notch medical facility in Mumbai with state of the art machines charges around 4000/- USD for the entire therapy.

This is helping me a lot. I am even taking driving lessons and doing good thus far(I was petrified of going near a steering wheel all 28 years of my life). The head feels lighter and there is some inñer confidence.
If you need any assistance or info send me a PM

Rishi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 04:10 AM
 
Location: Somewhere on this 3rd rock from the sun
546 posts, read 769,038 times
Reputation: 755
Day 17:

Hey guys.
Technically it should've been day 20(half way mark) but I didn't go three days.
Once due to the cold, once because of my dental appointment and once because laziness overcame me.

I have to note that my procrastination levels have gone down. Whilst ultimately it's about will power I do think this machine is helping also. See, I am no pessimist but I tend to question everything. Like is it this machine(therapy) that is allowing the change or is it the impression I have that it's doing it's job and my willpower is the real driving force? Because my sleep still isn't all that great. The mind still wanders a lot while going to bed.

But otherwise it's been good. I am making vegetable stew: tomatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, peas....really anything I can find I put them and boil them. I drink the stew and the veggies more than fill me up. Then it's fruits. After going home I intend to add chicken and lots of fish.

Also on a side note my therapy isn't exactly rTMS, but PEMF which works on the same principals really. You can google to see what it is. I found a book link I thought I'd post here:

PEMF - The Fifth Element of Health: Learn Why Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy Supercharges Your Health Like Nothing Else!: Bryant A. Meyers: 9781452579221: Amazon.com: Books
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2015, 09:55 PM
 
5,239 posts, read 6,990,293 times
Reputation: 11343
OP, Why did you start with this when you apparently hadn't tried the conventional meds? Did you try the natural route (herbs/homeopathic treatment/acupuncture)? I'm treatment resistant, tried all the meds. The VA hospital was suppose to be getting the TMS but it's still too far for me to travel everyday for 45 or so days. There are only a few things that brings back hope, and unfortunately ya can't make them happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-10-2015, 03:57 AM
 
Location: Somewhere on this 3rd rock from the sun
546 posts, read 769,038 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
OP, Why did you start with this when you apparently hadn't tried the conventional meds? Did you try the natural route (herbs/homeopathic treatment/acupuncture)? I'm treatment resistant, tried all the meds. The VA hospital was suppose to be getting the TMS but it's still too far for me to travel everyday for 45 or so days. There are only a few things that brings back hope, and unfortunately ya can't make them happen.
Hey,
I think my case was so severe I don't think herbs or theuropatic means would have helped. I mean even now my sleep is still erratic and concentration just as bad. I think I may have to go for adderall or whatever they prescribe for ADHD.

However yes....I am undiagnosed for anything.
Because of my condition I was sleepwalking through life: like literally sleepwalking all through my teens and twenties. I decided to see a therapist only last year after going to Canada. It was taking longer than usual and he simply said there are hints of anxiety and depression and started cognitive therapy.
I lasted 3 sessions maybe because of my ADHD but it was also the cost.

So yes....in a way I took a massive risk by self diagnosing myself but you know yourself and you know something's always been "off". That and my mothers condition: she's a vegetable wreck. Her father had schizophrenia. So I know that there's something mentally off. Lack of relationships(not that I tried) lack of true friends, zoning out and living in my fantasies, anxiety and heart palpitation. So I just went for this.

I can say that there is a difference in how I feel though there are days when I question it(like my previous post made yesterday). It could also be that I am off weed whereas in the last 8 months I was stoned 24/7.
It can be anything but I thought enough is enough.

Edit: I had asked for Meds but the Ottawa psychiatry institute wôuldbt give me. They said those should be the ultimate resort. It further pissed me off. But so it stands: never taken a single tab or pill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 01:15 AM
 
5,239 posts, read 6,990,293 times
Reputation: 11343
Rishi85, I don't blame ya for taking matters into your own hands. I wish I had more options and help. I've ordered antidepressants from Europe that weren't available here in an attempt to help myself. The truth is the docs don't give a damn and don't understand what one goes through at all. The Veteran's Hospitals have mental health docs that are for the most part lazy and just looking for a fat pay check while doing as little as they can get away with. It's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 02:36 AM
 
Location: Somewhere on this 3rd rock from the sun
546 posts, read 769,038 times
Reputation: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Rishi85, I don't blame ya for taking matters into your own hands. I wish I had more options and help. I've ordered antidepressants from Europe that weren't available here in an attempt to help myself. The truth is the docs don't give a damn and don't understand what one goes through at all. The Veteran's Hospitals have mental health docs that are for the most part lazy and just looking for a fat pay check while doing as little as they can get away with. It's pathetic.
Yes Todd.
You hit the nail right on the head. Ultimately no one cares. Perhaps I am too sensitive as a personality but I have genuinely cared for anyone and everyone and have been hurt by their response.
Perhaps ultimately life is all about power and money and being self centered.
Sorry for sounding sentimental but the faith in doctors and the system slowly lifts.

If there is one advice I can give: love yourself and take things in your hands. It took me a long time and no one truly understands. My father thinks I am faking all this. But only you know yourself. No one else.
There are ways....just take the risk. What's the harm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2015, 09:38 AM
 
5,239 posts, read 6,990,293 times
Reputation: 11343
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi85 View Post
Yes Todd.
You hit the nail right on the head. Ultimately no one cares. Perhaps I am too sensitive as a personality but I have genuinely cared for anyone and everyone and have been hurt by their response.
Perhaps ultimately life is all about power and money and being self centered.
Sorry for sounding sentimental but the faith in doctors and the system slowly lifts.

If there is one advice I can give: love yourself and take things in your hands. It took me a long time and no one truly understands. My father thinks I am faking all this. But only you know yourself. No one else.
There are ways....just take the risk. What's the harm?
But most very depressed people don't love themselves, in fact most are very hard on themselves, their own worst critic. That's true no one cares or understand except maybe a loyal spouse or family member. Neither too easy to come by.

Did you ever look at these devices?

tDCS
tDCS Shop - The Brain Stimulator

This one maybe something more like the Alpha-Stim machine, but not certain about it. If it is it's way overpriced.
Fisher Wallace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2015, 07:34 PM
 
1,186 posts, read 1,243,163 times
Reputation: 904
Is everything going on Ok Rishi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top