U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 12:29 PM

26,632 posts, read 9,987,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Jam - I'm not sure if you meant this for me but my thyroid was removed in 2014. I take levothyroxine 88 mcg and had blood tests recently. My PCP said, if anything, he thought I was taking too much. I find that hard to believe since I know people without a thyroid that are taking much more. Anyway my next step is to see a endocrinologist.
I have been on thyroid support groups and those who have NO thryoid were taking up to 5 grains of desiccated thyroid support. I found endo docs useless in my search for 10 yrs on the thyroid issue. You would do yourself a Big Favor by seeing a naturopath or integrative MD .. I never wanted Levo and 88mcg is a low dose unless you have heart palps...

On the Naturethryoid I take 1 grain which is 60mg, so I take 2grain and that's 120mg...that is how desiccated is produced.

You have No Thryoid and only take 88mcg I'd do some digging on this issue. Your body needs that hormone.

And know that with taking Levo you are only getting T4 and I've read from many over years that they do not convert to the needed T3 and we get both in desiccated. Some people do OK on levo and many do not. Just my observations from yrs on thyroid groups and books I own and blogs like Stop The Thyroid Madness.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-06-2019 at 12:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 12:32 PM

26,632 posts, read 9,987,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
If it hasn't been said..................exercise. Exercising makes you feel better. Get out in the sunshine and get some Vitamin D.
Oh I agree and many do have limitations....I exercised all my life into my 60's and then my Joints started screaming louder and louder. And when one lives in snow and ice getting out in the sunshine is a tough one. Everyone one does what they can I believe. We all know sunshine and exercise are good healers.

Old 11-10-2019, 04:59 PM

2,632 posts, read 1,120,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
If it hasn't been said..................exercise. Exercising makes you feel better. Get out in the sunshine and get some Vitamin D.
This. Running and natural light are my antidepressants. Tan or get a light box during the winter,

Old 11-11-2019, 03:13 PM

14,063 posts, read 14,572,317 times
Zoloft is my savior drug - the low dose I'm on evens me out just right. I think if you're out of the woods, the next step has to be action on your part beyond medication. Self care (time with friends, getting enough rest, eating healthy) and maybe forcing yourself out of your comfort zone can enhance your life beyond the meds. Hiking, trying a new dog sport, cooking a new recipe, etc. have all gotten me out and about to meet people and enjoy the world beyond my house and pets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or