U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 03:39 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,627,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midsummer View Post
You are right, Georgia, fantasies about killing your mother are not healthy. They are, however, one way of dealing with the grim reality that op is facing. There is no right or wrong regarding what op describes about his mother, because what matters is how he experiences the situation. Fantasies are different from planning. If op were trying to get his hands on an effective poison, on the other hand, it would be a concern.

As far as a healthy reaction to this bad situation goes, op might try forgiving his mother (inside his heart, not to her face), and thereby move away from the anger that hurts him. Understandably, it would take a lot on op's part to be able to forgive...but it could be healing for him.

I wish you well, op, and as others have suggested, maybe you can move away from your mother, so you won't have to feel trapped any longer...and you can regain control by moving away.

and NO ONE here knows the full story!
their is a huge risk of acting out on a fantasy
he can not see past his own narrow minded resentments
he re-feels them over and over never addressing his OWN behaviors
excuses
he wants her to support him AND do and say as HE wants
I am sorry but the one who has a control issues is him!
He is obsessed with HER behavior a real sign of mental illness
every time some one REINFORCES what he is SEEKING
JUSTIFACTION for his rage
and sympathy
he is a classic victim
I cant get out because of health
I cant leave because of money
really he does not want to leave
if I were a betting woman I would wage 50 bucks he does nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 11:08 PM

220 posts, read 224,409 times
I dont get it.. I just always have dreams of only doing this to her.. I have like this deep angry and hatred for her. I don't know why, even when she in in the same room as me, I can't even stay in the same room because I get these feelings and rage inside me which I hold in. So I get up and walk away and maybe even take a long walk to steam off the anger, I don't know why I just find her annoying.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:01 AM

1,181 posts, read 2,707,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helpingfalcon View Post
I dont get it.. I just always have dreams of only doing this to her.. I have like this deep angry and hatred for her. I don't know why, even when she in in the same room as me, I can't even stay in the same room because I get these feelings and rage inside me which I hold in. So I get up and walk away and maybe even take a long walk to steam off the anger, I don't know why I just find her annoying.
1. You need to forgive, both your mother and yourself. Forgiveness does NOT mean condoning the behavior or excusing it. But, for your oiwn sake, to be able to start getting past the anger (which may be totally justified) you need to forgive. That won't be easy and may take time but is imperative.

2. Talk to somone one trained to deal with mental health issues about your feelings and fantasies. They may be understandable but are not mentally healthy and seem to be obsessive from your posts. They need to be dealt with and this requires professional help not just people's opinions on the internet. If money's an issue there are resources.

3. You may have to move out even if moving means living with another relative or with several roommates as well as finding full time work to pay your way even if you are in school ( many have done this and so can you).

The worst thing you can do is act the victim or, God forbid, get so caught yo in your fantasies that you act them out in reality. Take positive steps to change things!

Old 04-27-2015, 06:47 PM

220 posts, read 224,409 times
Thanks everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or