U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2015, 11:33 PM

546 posts, read 774,226 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone.

My therapy ended on the 24th of last month but I procrastinated and had other chores so I could not post here, although it was always there at the back of my mind to make a post.

Okay...first and foremost: Does it work? I think it does. My treatment lasted for around a month(27 days of actual sessions) and I was feeling quite well for the most part. My head was much clearer, my thoughts better processed and I even had a goal(my career). It has to do with the electrons. However quite a few things to ponder:

1.) After coming back although I am still far better than the misery I was before the treatment, the older sensation is creeping back. However this has to do, I am sure, with the fact that I am back to my old lifestyle(marijuana and alcohol on occasions) and I was completely off these things(enforced by my doctor) that one month.

2.) My diet is back to the old ways. I am taking it easy for now and it is impacting my mood. I had kept on mentioning how important the diet was and I learned much from you guys- very important.

I think that depression and all the ills of mental health are wrought on by genetics and we make it worse with time. We are damaged through no fault of our own;trust me on this. And the rTMS therapy indeed tackles this issue. I felt "relieved" like a pain disappearing and felt a clear state of being. And that is true happiness I think. To just..be.

My attention issues however still linger and they were such even while the treatment was going on suggesting I might need some tablets. And similarly with my sleep issues. I am still the same insomniac I was. The therapy didn't help in those areas.

I must put a word in for my doctor and his story:
This gentleman is a retired government worker and he procured this machine to help the people. He says it was the smile and the relief that he saw on the faces of the poor and the needy(not me) that was the consolation. I agree with him. He also went on(we were together for a month; we talked a lot) about how this is a government ploy(around the world) to not let these machines become commonplace or popular as it'll put the pharmas and government run hospitals out of business. He elaborated this thought and I wish I could put it out here as eloquently as he had said it. The minuscule amount he charged(200$ entire treatment) was because he wishes to buy more machines.

What I'd like to say is....give this a try. I think a combination is needed because we are all different organically and ultimately it is your outlook and willpower, but this machine helps. What is the science and logic behind magnetic stimulation I cannot be sure but I will do the research.

Pics:
* Me with the doctor. He says my face already glowed when compared to before I had started the therapy a month ago.
* Me on a mat that attaches to the machine. The magnetic rays are thus absorbed by the body. This hasn't been proven and we did it only for 2 days.
*the machine: The machine itself is pretty steep at 2500$ but if and when I have the means I'll definitely buy it.
Attached Thumbnails
My rTMS therapy has ended...feedback and thoughts.-img_1741.jpg   My rTMS therapy has ended...feedback and thoughts.-img_1777.jpg   My rTMS therapy has ended...feedback and thoughts.-img_1781.jpg   My rTMS therapy has ended...feedback and thoughts.-img_1782.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2015, 11:43 PM

Okay one more thing.
What I went through isn't rTMS. Its PEMF(pulsed electromagnetic field therapy). I did some research on the internet while there and its basically the same thing. I sent out an email to a qualified professional and this is her response as she wrote back:

Date: 20 January 2015 2:19:01 pm AST
To: Hrishikesh Jha <rishi851@icloud.com>
Subject: RE: rTMS vs PEMF

Rishi,

rTMS is very similar to PEMF technology. Both produce magnetic fields, and
rTMS is going to be very specific, low frequency but (generally) very high
intensity fields applied directly to specific parts of the brain. PEMFs
will provide a field, but generally at a lower intensity and sometimes
with a wider range of frequencies (not always true, but can be). There
isn't a massive difference besides that.

PEMFs gain less popularity because rTMS is for a very specific set of
disorders, and the FDA is slowly beginning to approve certain systems for
certain issues. PEMF systems are far less likely to become FDA approved
because they can be used for multiple issues, and it's rare you'll find a
manufacturer who wants to only sell his/her product for a specific thing
(i.e. the Orthocor for arthritis of the knee).

All in all, the two technologies run off the same basic principal, which
is electromagnetic fields. The real different lies in how and where they
are utilized, and at what intensity.

Thank you,
Lindsay Kupsco

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:12 PM
To: sales@drpawluk.com
Subject: rTMS vs PEMF

Hi,
I wanted to know what is the difference between rTMS(trans cranial
magnetic stimulation) and PEMF. rTMS seems to be gaining popularity in
hospitals world over but PEMF is hardly known.

Thanks
Rishi

Old 02-05-2015, 11:45 PM

Folks...any questions just message me. Remember we are all in this cauldron called life together. Lets support one another.

Thank you
Rishi
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or