U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2015, 09:18 AM

94 posts, read 136,415 times

Advertisements

How to cure depression and ADHD be cured without medicine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 10:48 AM

839 posts, read 1,102,124 times
Eat healthy, take multivitamins, get on a healthy sleep cycle and exercise daily. Might not cure it but it helps tremendously.

Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 AM

16,174 posts, read 9,523,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
Eat healthy, take multivitamins, get on a healthy sleep cycle and exercise daily. Might not cure it but it helps tremendously.
Great advice. Some depression is situational. Problems such as loss of a job, a breakup of a relationship, imprisonment, or even a move to a new town can make a person depressed. When the situation resolves itself, so does the depression. I'm not as knowledgeable about ADHD, but I suspect that keeping busy via a physically and/or mentally stimulating job can help the person a lot. I think ADHD is overdiagnosed though. Many people are just naturally high energy folks. It doesn't mean they have ADHD. exercise is always good, as is eating healthy.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:30 PM

839 posts, read 1,102,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Great advice. Some depression is situational. Problems such as loss of a job, a breakup of a relationship, imprisonment, or even a move to a new town can make a person depressed. When the situation resolves itself, so does the depression. I'm not as knowledgeable about ADHD, but I suspect that keeping busy via a physically and/or mentally stimulating job can help the person a lot. I think ADHD is overdiagnosed though. Many people are just naturally high energy folks. It doesn't mean they have ADHD. exercise is always good, as is eating healthy.
I agree it's amazing of the amount of children on types of Adderall and Ritalin these days. I call it legal meth. What happens when you need to get off these amphetamines when they eventually stop working? You go into deeper depression than you already were.

Also, come up with a long term goal that you're interested in finishing and work at it daily no matter what. Having something to look forward to helps as well.

Old 02-22-2015, 04:57 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,495,699 times
Depression can be a serious illness so no sometimes you cannot cope without meds. ADHD may be different.

Old 02-23-2015, 03:38 PM

4,438 posts, read 6,685,963 times
Some cases of mild depression will go away spontaneously or can be treated holistically. But deep clinical depression is another animal altogether, and trying to live through it without therapy or medication can be futile and even suicidal.

ADHD cannot be cured, only controlled by some combination of medication, therapy, and physical exercise, depending on the person's age. Adults can help themselves by finding situations where their lack of focus and/or impulse control aren't a deciding factor. That can be anything from freelance work, to entrepreneurship, to the arts, to the military. (Yes, surprisingly, the amount of structure built into military life is a Godsend for some ADHD people).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or