Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 10:58 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,699,445 times

Advertisements

No one has an easy life and we are presented with our own challenges. I won't go on about what challenge occur for me. I was able to escape one of these challenges a few years ago, but life kicked me in the rear and had to return home. Living back home with my mom is stressful. Dad lives in California and though he wants me I don't feel like moving to California. It's a different level with our relationship he is controlling as my mom 's. However, he is a bit more understanding will press on issue's, but let go of it. More supportive emotionally won't drag you down. Anyways long story short been lying to my mom for the past four week's. My mom 's against me and my whole family is against me leaving my current job. There reason is they feel I insult my uncle who wrote a letter without my knowledge to HR encouraging to hire me for the job. Now he works in another department rarely see my uncle.

Anyways family wants me to stay feel it is better place for me and over time I could move into a department I want to. Well I took another job. It is only 24 hours three days a week making $8 more an hour then current job. Also better benefits and a lot more opportunities to grow. Presenting the issue of leaving the job always goes back to how be insult to my uncle, how I need to get my life together, how I make terrible choices, how working 24 hour's a week is worse then 40 hour's if you take that job you will be kicked out of this house, you will never talk to this family again.

I took it I saw it as a better opportunity. I have spun like after life. Have figured ways to disappear during the week when not at work so my mom thinks I am working. However, all this extra work weighs down on me and is tiresome. Just don't know why I can't have a normal life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 09:02 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
RunD, I am so very sorry about the struggles you are having. The most important thing is to find out what makes you happy, and what you need to do to take care of yourself. Sending you caring hugs.

Old 04-03-2015, 08:12 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,907,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post

Anyways family wants me to stay feel it is better place for me and over time I could move into a department I want to. Well I took another job. It is only 24 hours three days a week making $8 more an hour then current job. Also better benefits and a lot more opportunities to grow. Presenting the issue of leaving the job always goes back to how be insult to my uncle, how I need to get my life together, how I make terrible choices, how working 24 hour's a week is worse then 40 hour's if you take that job you will be kicked out of this house, you will never talk to this family again.

I took it I saw it as a better opportunity. I have spun like after life. Have figured ways to disappear during the week when not at work so my mom thinks I am working. However, all this extra work weighs down on me and is tiresome. Just don't know why I can't have a normal life.
How old are you? From the first of the two bolded sentences, it seems you still live at home with an overly controlling family. Therefore the concern expressed in the second bolded sentence has an obvious answer - move out of the family home and take charge of your life instead of knuckling under to their sick blackmail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health