Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 11:13 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,825,568 times

Advertisements

I was bitten by some strange bug that gave me some mild neurological symptoms on my face (apparently its one of those namibia desert things)

I was horrified, because the word neurological sounds very scary!!!

but they told me that the chances of your developing something serious are 3 in 100,000!!! basically from 100,000 bites only 3 develop chronic issues, the other 99,997 go on with their lives and nothing ever happens to them.

I googled it and it terrified me and made me very anxious

I now cannot stop concentrating on my face and feel every little twitch, wind, sensation and freak out about it (they tell me this sounds like anxiety), is anxiety like this?

do you think it is?

does it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 11:43 AM

668 posts, read 982,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I was bitten by some strange bug that gave me some mild neurological symptoms on my face (apparently its one of those namibia desert things)

but they told me that the chances of your developing something serious are 3 in 100,000!!! basically from 100,000 bites only 3 develop chronic issues, the other 99,997 go on with their lives and nothing ever happens to them.

I now cannot stop concentrating on my face and feel every little twitch, wind, sensation and freak out about it (they tell me this sounds like anxiety), is anxiety like this?

do you think it is?

does it?

I think its paranoia

Old 05-05-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagittarius Sirius View Post
I think its paranoia
has it ever happened to you that you obsess over some symptom and then you feel this sensation on that part of your body and you freak out and you feel it... and then it goes away when you stop thinking about it?

Old 05-05-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
has it ever happened to you that you obsess over some symptom and then you feel this sensation on that part of your body and you freak out and you feel it... and then it goes away when you stop thinking about it?

only once actually

it was when I had my heart broken, I was obsessing over it for over 6 months
oh wait
I still am

it still hurts me !

Old 05-05-2015, 11:51 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,327,973 times
I'm sure this type of anxiety is very common you just need to think rationally when under ''anxiety attacks'' maybe focus on something else like rainbows or Spiders...actually not the spiders

Old 05-05-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I'm sure this type of anxiety is very common you just need to think rationally when under ''anxiety attacks'' maybe focus on something else like rainbows or Spiders...actually not the spiders

she rejected me !

Old 05-05-2015, 11:54 AM

6 people out of 100,000 is very rare right? my host tells me I'll be ok and maybe I am just stressed out about it

Old 05-05-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
6 people out of 100,000 is very rare right? my host tells me I'll be ok and maybe I am just stressed out about it

1 in 7,000,000,000

and she rejected me

Old 05-05-2015, 12:02 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,823,156 times
Quote:

do you think it is?

does it?

Yes you can stop thinking about it you control what thoughts you fixate on. The key is to not talk about it or feed into the fear. Find something pleasant to think about that takes you to a far off land. Sway in the wind and be free. Take a deep cleansing breath and focus on your breath you will be okay.

Old 05-05-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Yes you can stop thinking about it you control what thoughts you fixate on. The key is to not talk about it or feed into the fear. Find something pleasant to think about that takes you to a far off land. Sway in the wind and be free. Take a deep cleansing breath and focus on your breath you will be okay.
thank you!!

so it does sound like anxiety then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health