U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 06:30 PM

933 posts, read 1,266,305 times

Advertisements

So last night I got a MASSIVE nose bleed and it took like 20-25 minutes for it to stop. When I tell you this was gushing blood, I mean this was gushing blood. So, I obviously was freaked out and did not want it to start bleeding again. I woke up at two in the morning last night and was afraid to start breathing through my nose because I was afraid if I breathed through my nose I would start bleeding again. I started then to consciously breathe, and started to panic that I forgot how to breathe when I sleep. I also have a lot of other things going on that are causing me anxiety, but this conscious breathing thing where a lot of the time I am consciously breathing and I don't feel like I'm getting enough air is really freaking me out. I also had tightness of chest last night and when I started to panic again about my breathing today.

I don't want to be consciously breathing for the rest of my life and am DESPERATE for a solution. Can you all please help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2015, 06:39 PM

13,253 posts, read 38,150,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
So last night I got a MASSIVE nose bleed and it took like 20-25 minutes for it to stop. When I tell you this was gushing blood, I mean this was gushing blood. So, I obviously was freaked out and did not want it to start bleeding again. I woke up at two in the morning last night and was afraid to start breathing through my nose because I was afraid if I breathed through my nose I would start bleeding again. I started then to consciously breathe, and started to panic that I forgot how to breathe when I sleep. I also have a lot of other things going on that are causing me anxiety, but this conscious breathing thing where a lot of the time I am consciously breathing and I don't feel like I'm getting enough air is really freaking me out. I also had tightness of chest last night and when I started to panic again about my breathing today.

I don't want to be consciously breathing for the rest of my life and am DESPERATE for a solution. Can you all please help me?
Uh, try breathing through your mouth.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Uh, try breathing through your mouth.
I mean, I know I had a panic attack, but can this tension in my chest last almost a full day? I'm still having trouble with my breathing pattern.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:48 PM

4,761 posts, read 11,828,065 times
Well that was last night, you are posting at 5:30 PM Pacific time today, so you obviously breathed well enough to live another day - so not to worry!

The same thing will happen tonight, you will be here tomorrow. And the next day, and the next, and so on...

Old 06-09-2015, 09:04 PM

16,077 posts, read 20,913,573 times
Obviously the best place to ask medical questions is at your Doctor's office. Or seek counseling.

But, here are a few links about panic attacks. Hope they help

Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment.
WebMD Anxiety and Panic Disorders Guide - Better Information for Better Health
Overcoming Panic Attacks: A Five Step Response

Also, you mentioned stress...Try to take care of the stress in your life...I'll add a couple of links about that too.
Stress and Motivation
Stress Self Help
MOODJUICE - Stress - Self-help Guide
10 Practical Ways to Handle Stress | World of Psychology

Old 06-09-2015, 10:48 PM

27,862 posts, read 26,468,681 times
If you could type that post, your brain is getting enough oxygen. Probably, breathing through your nose will dry the scab faster.

As others have pointed out, you're having panic attacks. They're very distressing. I've had them. There's nothing quite like feeling that you can't get enough air or are going to have a heart attack. At the most, you'll pass out and your heart rate will slow and you'll start breathing normally. The human body is an amazing thing.

If you're this worried about it, go and see the Dr.

Old 06-10-2015, 09:43 AM

Calling the doctor, I'll let y'all know what she says.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 PM

I was basically told that the doctor can't proscribe me anything because she isn't a psychiatrist and that I can go to a psychiatrist/psychologist if I want, but she thinks it will pass. She said the most important thing is to get to sleep at night (I've gotten 6 or less hours the past two nights as I am having a really hard time sleeping), so she said to take some benedryl in order for me to sleep at night...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or