U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:28 PM

26,157 posts, read 16,313,373 times

Advertisements

Im so sorry DJ- .. It makes me happy when ya PM me honey...... I feel bad you feel so bad but with the way the world is,I can understand why you feel this way!

Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 AM

10,892 posts, read 1,750,582 times
Hi everyone, I'm just here to say goodbye and thank you for all the support I had and the nice messages.

Wish everyone luck in their lives and a lot of happiness.

Old 07-23-2015, 05:45 PM

I hope you dont mean that DJ!!!!

We all care about ya alot

Old 07-24-2015, 05:19 AM

3,115 posts, read 2,467,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I hope you dont mean that DJ!!!!

We all care about ya alot
right! I am hoping DJ is just taking a break from the forums. There are definitely a lot of people on here who do care.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:18 AM

... Hi, sorry people, I wasn't very clear, I don't really know what I am doing with myself in the end, so I'm in and off the forums, but thank you for al your nice comments. I've seen a doctor today, she wasn't very nice, abit strict and condescending so I'm even more depressed and anxious

Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM

3,115 posts, read 2,467,704 times
What kind of doctor? We are all suggesting that you see a mental health professional. Even with all your physical issues, you really need to find someone who can help you address your feeling so depressed and anxious........

Old 07-24-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
What kind of doctor? We are all suggesting that you see a mental health professional. Even with all your physical issues, you really need to find someone who can help you address your feeling so depressed and anxious........
I went to a CMP (centre médico-psychologique), I saw a psychiatrist and a nurse. It's the psychiatrist one who wasn't nice but she was very busy and all so I guess it explain it a bit. Like I said somewhere else my town is very small, everyone is in vacations so there is nothing much I can do, I'm just left all alone with a tons of pills to take. They proposed me something but I refused because I don't want to go somewhere else. They wanted to hospitalize me in another (bigger) city, but I said no.

Thank you again.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:24 PM

Im praying for ya DJ

Old 07-24-2015, 08:20 PM

9,978 posts, read 16,728,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I admit I get feelings like this... after having delayed stomach emptying for the past few years and now having these undiagnosed headaches (MRI/MRA came back negative) that have nausea accompany them, there's multiple causes for nausea in my body.. being nauseated all the time and losing my drive and passion for life does make me want to off myself. The spirit is willing but this body is ridiculously weak.

I've resorted to a low carb paleo diet to try to heal myself, but only on the second week. Also trying extra hard to manage my naturally stress prone personality since none of these medical problems run in my family.

Did they tell you why you have delayed stomach emptying?

Did they test you for diabetes?

Delayed stomach emptying is one of the problems diabetes can induce. You can test yourself inexpensively, just to rule this out. Get a meter, test strips, and lancet (pokey-thing), from the drugstore. You do NOT need a prescription to purchase. The best deal is at Walmart, their Relion Brand, much cheaper than others and just as accurate. I believe a meter cost about $15, lancet maybe $5, strips $9 for 50. Other brands can cost many times that!

Test yourself 4x/day. If you can't figure out how, just ask the pharmacist, they usually love to do patient education. Test first thing in the morning, before eating, then, just regular times during the day. do this for at least a week, preferably 2 weeks. The meter will store the values, so you have a record to show your doctor.

At least you can pinpoint or rule that out!

I've found doctors don't routinely want to test for diabetes, despite all the media about it. They send you for a fasting draw, which is difficult to schedule, time consuming, and not always enough data. If it comes back normal, well, that doesn't mean it doesn't go abnormal during the day, that's why I suggest you test yourself 4X/daily. Also, I/ve found, unfortunately, many doctors don't even bother to look at the results until your next visit, which can be take several weeks to schedule. Then, they say something to the effect of, well.....your glucose is a little high, lets keep an eye on it.....and send you for another fasting glucose, it just goes round and round

I went undiagnosed with type II diabetes for years due to the above. Finally, I tried testing myself, 598 Then, it said too high to register (the at-home meters only go to 600). I saw my doctor the next morning, and had the meter to show her. She finally had to acknowledge I have diabetes, its not depression, anxiety, etc, etc......

Old 07-30-2015, 04:51 AM

220 posts, read 242,912 times
Its true that there can certainly be actual physical reasons for feeling so bad mentally.
Reading this I just really hope that people get relief. I have had my bouts with depression and hopelessness and sometimes they have gone on for longer than reasonable, but usually something somewhat good happens and brightens the outlook.
I know once you really get down though, even if the best thing could happen you sometimes are just not receptive and wont even recognize it.
Its important if you feel that negative to try to get help. You have to give it time to work too, as with some of the anti depressants I used in the past. There was one that really worked nicely with no side effects, but it took a while for it to work.( a few weeks as I recall). I haven't been on anything for over 10 years now- so there is hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or