Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 04:48 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,857 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I guess the thread title is pretty clear. It's what is happening to me and I really can't cope with everything life is throwing at me. It's really complicated also.
So, if someone is feeling the same way, I'd like to hear about them/you, what do they/you do, are they/you helped, supported by someone or anything, the why, the how, etc.
This is really important to me, I'm lost and scared.

Thank you, any replies much appreciated.

And hope I asked this question in the right section, if not, feel free to remove it in the good one.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:13 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,287,130 times
I admit I get feelings like this... after having delayed stomach emptying for the past few years and now having these undiagnosed headaches (MRI/MRA came back negative) that have nausea accompany them, there's multiple causes for nausea in my body.. being nauseated all the time and losing my drive and passion for life does make me want to off myself. The spirit is willing but this body is ridiculously weak.

I've resorted to a low carb paleo diet to try to heal myself, but only on the second week. Also trying extra hard to manage my naturally stress prone personality since none of these medical problems run in my family.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:51 AM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
I try very hard to accept that it's the normal human condition for many many people and that pathologizing and medicalizing it doesn't help. I am not saying therapy and drugs are bad (I am on an antidepressant myself), but just that you really have to be cognizant of the fact that there's a lot of people out there trying to make money and will try to capitalize on peoples' misery (aka "life"). I am in the same boat as you though, OP. I have to take it day by day, meanwhile always stressing out about the future and dreading the past.

Old 06-16-2015, 08:35 AM

Thank you for your responses.

Everything is going worse each day and I really don't know why I'm still here.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:54 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Everything is going worse each day and I really don't know why I'm still here.
I have been there! I am still alive and things are much better now so there is hope. At the time however, it did not feel that way. Along the road to recovery I lost my son to suicide which as you can imagine, put a great deal of additional stress on me and yet still I survived. The point I am trying to make is that there is hope! You can get through. But right now it probably doesn't seem like it.

I can tell you what I have done to get through if you are interested.

Take care
33Guy

Old 06-17-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I have been there! I am still alive and things are much better now so there is hope. At the time however, it did not feel that way. Along the road to recovery I lost my son to suicide which as you can imagine, put a great deal of additional stress on me and yet still I survived. The point I am trying to make is that there is hope! You can get through. But right now it probably doesn't seem like it.

I can tell you what I have done to get through if you are interested.

Take care
33Guy
Hey,

Thank you for your kind reply and you don't know how sorry I am for your son.

I'd be interested, yes, PM me if you want and if you have a little time to talk.

Take care too, it's an horrible day today...

Everyone have a good day.

Old 06-17-2015, 08:24 AM

When your health is so bad and people, everywhere, IRL or not, don't care about you, what are you supposed to do ? Just jump from the nearest bridge or what ? It's not like I don't try to get better, I go to the hospital nearly one time a week, I have done tests, I'm struggling to stay alive, trying to find someone, someone willing to stay with me a little, talk with me, I know I'm dreaming, I'm not going to find that someone on the net, right ? But it's not like I didn't looked for that person IRL either - I did - but there is no one, just no one. I beg, I cry, and I'm just invisible... I know other people have their lives, their family, the one they love, but isn't there just a little place for me in there ? I need help, serious help, that's why I'm here, I've searched everywhere, for hours, days, but no matter how hard I try, no one care. Am I that useless ? That worthless ? Why is it that life has to be so hard on me, It's like someone is keeping me there, in this horrible, cold, unfair place that some people call life and that don't want me.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I'm sure I'm not even making any sense, but I had to say that.

If someone else have something to say, any advice, any opinions - not too harsh...- I'd be glad to read them.

Thank you.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:08 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,855,671 times
You really are conveying that feeling of drowning, and no one throwing you a life boat. I don't do it, but have you ever given things like meditation a try? I know lots of people swear by it. You're going to really have to muscle up the inner strength to make some bold steps if there truly is no one around as a support system, and that is very tough. We're so IN our our minds 24/7 these days, subtract 300 years from today and try to imagine some of the strength some people endured to make it through crazy times, they probably weren't in their minds so much.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
You're welcome, DJ.

Quote:
You really are conveying that feeling of drowning, and no one throwing you a life boat.
Yes, exactly. I'm at a loss for words.

Take care
303Guy

Old 06-18-2015, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
You really are conveying that feeling of drowning, and no one throwing you a life boat. I don't do it, but have you ever given things like meditation a try? I know lots of people swear by it. You're going to really have to muscle up the inner strength to make some bold steps if there truly is no one around as a support system, and that is very tough. We're so IN our our minds 24/7 these days, subtract 300 years from today and try to imagine some of the strength some people endured to make it through crazy times, they probably weren't in their minds so much.
Maybe I'm really drowning in some ways, it's been a while now. I guess when you let things get out of hand like I did with my life, there is not much you can do at the end.
No, I didn't try meditation, no doctors proposed it to me because they know I've got major concentration problems so they choose to drug me to death instead.
But thank you really for your suggestion, and your reply.
I think I'm just going to wait till I can't cope anymore and I'll see what happen. It's not that I don't want to live anymore but I just feel that it's life itself that don't want me there anymore. If there is a thing I hate it's to impose myself where I know I'm not welcomed.
Again thank you.

Wish everyone who'll pass here for one reason or another a good day, I have some things to do right now. Maybe I'll update if something happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health