U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 05:50 AM

1,110 posts, read 894,798 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry that you're having to deal with this, but I also have it.

I've had chest pains for almost 30 years because of it. My blood pressure is good except when my anxiety is high.

I was have a really rough time in Feb with severe chest pain but I knew it was anxiety. My blood pressure was up and I was having ocular migraines and one day only for about 5 minutes my vision was so blurred I couldn't see.

I'm on meds and went to see my therapist and she convinced me to go to Med Express because I refused to go to the hospital over anxiety. Well, they took me by ambulance to the hospital. Since then I've seen an ophthalmologist and a neurologist. My heart, eyes and nothing neurological going on. It's all anxiety/stress.

So yes, some of us are unfortunate enough that our stress comes out in the form of medical conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 11:57 AM

3,660 posts, read 2,080,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
wow, that sounds pretty awful, I'm really sorry.

this is probably a silly question but - have you tried giving up gluten? I know a lot of ppl (myself included) who have gone off it for 30 days and couldn't believe how much better they (I) have felt. I don't get acid reflux anymore, ever. I don't have any bloating anymore and even my skin looks better!

I've been off gluten for 2+ years now.
The problem is gluten is in pretty much everything but I have drank just goat milk with nothing else (I love goat milk. I would never drink cow's milk again by itself) and that has no gluten. Sometimes I wonder if that makes it worse. It may be the fat in it but it's so hard to tell. It seems like I have to stay away from pretty much everything. However, I can eat something one day and be okay but the next day I eat the same thing it's horror. It doesn't make sense at all. It's like my stomach is bipolar.

Unfortunately I think it's more than just eating a healthy diet too. I can't wait until I'm really hungry to eat or I feel absolutely sick. Sometimes sleep upsets it too. When I sleep longer, it has gotten worse but when I wake up too early it is also worse.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:01 PM

9,352 posts, read 5,307,739 times
Ha let me tell you dizzyness black outs increased rage high or low heart rate. Sometimes my heart drops below 40 or hovers around 160. Chest pain numbness tingling sensation. Increased exhaustion. Inability to move for days, but I do, body is so sore feels like I ran 26 marathons in a day. Hair loss more acceptable to colds.

That's about it for me.

Old 08-14-2015, 02:44 AM

1,591 posts, read 1,210,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Ha let me tell you dizzyness black outs increased rage high or low heart rate. Sometimes my heart drops below 40 or hovers around 160. Chest pain numbness tingling sensation. Increased exhaustion. Inability to move for days, but I do, body is so sore feels like I ran 26 marathons in a day. Hair loss more acceptable to colds.

That's about it for me.
Sounds like you have many of the classic symptoms of Panic Disorder, RunD. Losing hair though; that's usually a thyroid complication, but then most people with PD (or GPD) have under-active thyroids. Suggest you check it out. Don't let your doctor order a T4 test only; it's useless in terms of diagnosis. Ask for a full thyroid panel (including RBC T3 levels), and get yourself seen by a good endocrinologists who specializes in thyroid function, and, if you can find one, in PD.

My sympathies to you, RunD.

May GOD bless your efforts.

Mahrie.

Old 08-14-2015, 05:09 PM

385 posts, read 252,220 times
Has anybody here considered dumping the pills and use marijuana for anxiety and depression?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 PM

1,591 posts, read 1,210,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Has anybody here considered dumping the pills and use marijuana for anxiety and depression?
Not me! If I'm anywhere near anyone who's smoking a joint, I'm in the ER with SVT and A-fib. Many people with anxiety issues are allergic to the chemicals in marijuana.

Shalom,

Mahrie!

Old 08-15-2015, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
No.... haven't done it in years because it just puts me to sleep after I've eaten everything in sight!

Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM

3,330 posts, read 2,274,372 times
I was just having this sort of conversation with my husband about my anxiety and NEVER being able to relax...I am ALWAYS ON THE ALERT for what who knows? I have had that ear drum beat at certain times and I have posted here about my tinnitus. .it really sends me over the edge some days...my ears feel full many days and I don't feel like I can go out alone..driving has been a nightmare since we moved to Tennessee from flat Michigan....the hills and steep grades on the freeway are enough to make my head swim...I always feel like I am hurling downhill at 90 mph...I also hyperventilate often. ..I am 55 and have been this way since I was 8... I could not have done it without the antidepressants which helped me through the worst part. .agoraphobia. . Interesting to read about the flight ir fight response...I Know Some people who Have NEVER really had that feeling..with anxiety...and I envy them...my mom also had this plus she had Menieres and my brother has the panic bad..he is almost housebound. . So I do believe it can be genetic..reading these posts makes me feel better...

Old 08-23-2015, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda814 View Post
I was just having this sort of conversation with my husband about my anxiety and NEVER being able to relax...I am ALWAYS ON THE ALERT for what who knows? I have had that ear drum beat at certain times and I have posted here about my tinnitus. .it really sends me over the edge some days...my ears feel full many days and I don't feel like I can go out alone..driving has been a nightmare since we moved to Tennessee from flat Michigan....the hills and steep grades on the freeway are enough to make my head swim...I always feel like I am hurling downhill at 90 mph...I also hyperventilate often. ..I am 55 and have been this way since I was 8... I could not have done it without the antidepressants which helped me through the worst part. .agoraphobia. . Interesting to read about the flight ir fight response...I Know Some people who Have NEVER really had that feeling..with anxiety...and I envy them...my mom also had this plus she had Menieres and my brother has the panic bad..he is almost housebound. . So I do believe it can be genetic..reading these posts makes me feel better...
I've already posted about my anxiety on this thread. I didn't go into detail as to what led up to me ending up in the ER over it. I've been jumpy like you all of my life. For the past five years I was in counseling and on meds for depression, the first 18 mos were a correct diagnosis. After that was PTSD which two counselors told me I couldn't have for something else.

I couldn't have grown up in a more loving environment with my parents and most of my siblings. Some things happened to me when I was 8 and 9 yrs. old that I never told anyone about. What happened to me as a child wasn't violent, so my brain protected me in a way and pushed those events deep into my thoughts where I didn't think about them most of my life. We didn't talk about stuff like that when were were kids. I'm 58 and being treated for four PTSD traumas and two are from my childhood.

It could be a genetic thing, but it could also be something that happened to you as a child that hasn't reared it's ugly head yet. It's just something to think about...

My parents had no part or knowledge of what happened.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:22 AM

423 posts, read 1,394,169 times
I have migraines, but they tend to be triggered more by sleep (too much or not enough) or caffeine, than stress. Although I have insomnia, which I'm sure is stress related and that triggers the migraines, so...

I also have ulcerative colitis. While not directly caused by stress, stress can definitely trigger a flare or make symptoms worse. If only we could all go live on a peaceful tropical island...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health