Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 06:43 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,643,885 times

Advertisements

i have no idea why this is happening to me (not that i mind cuz i could always stand to lose a few butt.......)

i noticed it started a few weeks ago (maybe more than a few weeks). i have always loved all kinds of cheese (could live on it!) but then i started to become picky and only wanted white cheeses. THEN became pickier and only wanted swiss. im sure that soon i will no longer want swiss.

i know i am hungry but nothing appeals to me. i am pretty much having to force myself to eat. dont get me wrong as im not skin and bones!

am i becoming anorexic? or are there some medical issues i could be having that would make me lose my desire to eat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 06:48 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,471,880 times
No, that is not how people become anexoric. People choose to not eat that are anexoric and it then just becomes an out of control illness. I would obviously tell you that you need to see your doctor. This is not normal and you should be evaluated.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:00 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
Anxiety, emotional stress, and hormones are usually what cause me to temporarily loose my appetite. It is best to try and eat something, because the longer you go without eating the worse it gets. Maybe you could try to eat a favorite food, like bacon?
You should see a doctor if it persists as there are some serious conditions with a loss of appetite as a symptom(not to scare you). Feel better!

Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
...are there some medical issues i could be having that would make me lose my desire to eat?

I you find out it's contagious, come sneeze on me.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:51 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
I started out like that last summer and became a vegan of sorts for several months. Make sure you are getting your protein Nico and fruits and vegetables, I would say if it persists, a physical...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:31 AM

428 posts, read 2,439,707 times
Stress does that to me.
Only high amounts of it tho.
You can sneeze on me too, nico.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 AM

yes, see what i mean about not really minding that i dont have my usual appetite? unfortunately though i just purchased 4 new pairs of pants last month and they are a bit baggy now. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
and since i dont wear underwear i could run into some embarrassing situations
i am sure my appetite will return sometime soon but i have no idea why this has happened. it's crazy!

Old 01-05-2008, 06:51 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Are you taking a new medication?

I am taking Paxil for anxiety and panic attacks and it has this effect on me. Unfortunately its not long lived. It usually subsides and my appetite returns, how fast depends on the dosage I am taking.

I have in the past had this happen when I am under an unusual amount of stress as well.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 AM

hi there lindsey,
no medication for me. unless you count vitamins? but im not taking more vitamins than usual. in fact there are some days lately that i dont take any (maybe i am losing my appetite for vitamins also!?)

Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,829,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
yes, see what i mean about not really minding that i dont have my usual appetite? unfortunately though i just purchased 4 new pairs of pants last month and they are a bit baggy now. grrrrrrrrrrrrr
and since i dont wear underwear i could run into some embarrassing situations
i am sure my appetite will return sometime soon but i have no idea why this has happened. it's crazy!
Maybe you have spent too much time reading the "weird food habits" thread and got grossed out??
The baggy pants without undies could definitely be a problem unless you are looking to start a new trend. HHMM... are belts necessary?
Seriously though, you should get a physical if it persists. We don't want anyone using you as an example over in the thin vs. curvy thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health