U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 09:49 AM

9,352 posts, read 5,312,177 times

Advertisements

Appreciate any advice I rather live on the street. Because even the rent money I give my mom rarely goes to food. Mom complains it pays the bills which it does. However, my spends $80-$100 a week on cigarettes and wine.

I was happy and relationship with my mom was healthy when I lived on my own for two year's. I was able to respond to the stress from my mom and family. I mean I still dealt with it calling me an "idiot", "stupid", "wasting your life", and so forth.

Now moving back home it just seems worse. It's not the negativity it's the support that turns to negativity. Say I am proud of you your doing great. Then turns to your stupid your the reason I smoke and drink. I can't wait till your no longer my problem. You make terrible choices in life so on and so forth.

Now stressed over financial issue's. I only make $25,000 a year and have $10,000 of debt. I am stressed have to get my car repaired other driver insurer seems very sneaky. Did not even know was suppose to be given a check. They weren't very reluctant in giving me 100% coverage.

My head has these crazy idea's going on about how my life will be ruined.

This been leading to control issues my mom wanting to use the money to buy a new car and use her dealer thinking she'll get a better deal.

Moments it's intense swearing at each other and name calling. Other times my mom just stops talking to me.

Very stressful situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2015, 08:50 PM

1,591 posts, read 1,210,568 times
It's difficult to respond intelligently, RunD, as you don't give any info as to your age, why you left home for two years and then returned, and what your skill set is (or are, if you're proficient in more than one field).

It doesn't sound like living at home is a good choice for you, and anger will only cause you physical problems, if not now then down the road.

Can you share a little more about yourself and your situation? I'm not clear at all on the car issue, but do have many friends who live in their cars and/or vans to avoid paying rent. If your car is still running this may be an option for you. Check out this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg37Cbx-kak

Shabbat Shalom,

Mahrie.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:40 PM

6,234 posts, read 6,414,917 times
You need to make changes, sign up for the military, learn some skills, make some money and let yourself find out that you can do well on your own.

Old 07-19-2015, 07:37 AM

28, $10,000 in debt, bachelor's degree, work part time as a mental health counselor $20,000 a year

Old 07-19-2015, 07:50 AM

1,591 posts, read 1,210,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
28, $10,000 in debt, bachelor's degree, work part time as a mental health counselor $20,000 a year
Can you work full time, RunD? There are always openings in the healthcare field, as the shortage of medical professionals has reached critical proportions. You ought to be able to manage well on a full-time salary, no?

Blessings to you,

Mahrie.

Old 07-19-2015, 08:52 AM

If I could get full time yes unfortunately been a bit of a thorn in my side. I worked 3 full time job's over the last year making equivalent to what I am making now yearly part time with current job. Been with the company four month's summer has been great been able to average 32-40 hour's a week. However, come fall as was in the spring probably not many available shifts. I did put a transfer in a few week's ago, but as week's go by loosing hope anything will come out of it.

Tried picking up a second job, but no bites on my application. I have subbing to fall back on in the fall/spring for extra cash though.

Old 07-19-2015, 09:16 AM

My mom is turning it against me asking why I hurt her feelings and don't care about her. This week has been tough during an anxiety attack and another argument with my mom swearing and some bad names were slung at my mom. Then today confronted my mom about how much money she spends on alcohol and cigarettes.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:20 AM

Ugh day gets worse and worse. Mom refusing to get groceries only hers for the week. Then got into a argument with my neighbor who yelled at me for running when I didn't see his car backing up. He started swearing at me so I flipped him the bird.

Old 07-19-2015, 10:25 AM

6,502 posts, read 6,556,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Appreciate any advice I rather live on the street. Because even the rent money I give my mom rarely goes to food. Mom complains it pays the bills which it does. However, my spends $80-$100 a week on cigarettes and wine.

I was happy and relationship with my mom was healthy when I lived on my own for two year's. I was able to respond to the stress from my mom and family. I mean I still dealt with it calling me an "idiot", "stupid", "wasting your life", and so forth.

Now moving back home it just seems worse. It's not the negativity it's the support that turns to negativity. Say I am proud of you your doing great. Then turns to your stupid your the reason I smoke and drink. I can't wait till your no longer my problem. You make terrible choices in life so on and so forth.

Now stressed over financial issue's. I only make $25,000 a year and have $10,000 of debt. I am stressed have to get my car repaired other driver insurer seems very sneaky. Did not even know was suppose to be given a check. They weren't very reluctant in giving me 100% coverage.

My head has these crazy idea's going on about how my life will be ruined.

This been leading to control issues my mom wanting to use the money to buy a new car and use her dealer thinking she'll get a better deal.

Moments it's intense swearing at each other and name calling. Other times my mom just stops talking to me.

Very stressful situation.
If you're spending $100 a week on sin that is $5,200 a year. You could be spending that money on something else. Why not put that $5,200 a year towards your debt and pay it off in two years? What is your revolving debt, and what debt can you avoid incurring?

Why would you want to pay a sin tax on guilty pleasures when you cannot honestly afford the sin in the first place? To me it just seems unfair; ridiculous to waste your money on those things in the first place but on top of that you have to pay the state the majority of the cost as a sin tax to benefit someone else. Now THAT is something to be angry about.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:21 AM

Mom not my I meant can't edit it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health