U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 02:59 PM

26,958 posts, read 10,227,025 times

Advertisements

I've been taking sublinguel Methyl B12 lozenges for years. Many are deficient and it's important. I've never done injections as the 1000mcg lozenges do me good. now foods methyl B12 is my fav.

I've followed many with neuropathy pain and issues and the B's are critical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2016, 03:23 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,413,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
nightbird47, how soon after taking it do you start to feel the affects?
The kind I used to take, the more common variety which has to be processed by the body, it would build. But the methyl cobalamin form, which you can absorb immediately, shows effects within the hour, just giving energy. The worse I feel the faster I notice the effect.

I don't know if it actually improves my mood or since it makes me feel like I have energy, I feel like I have more options. I'll get foot cramps when it's cold, and B12 is the one thing which stops them with warming.

I'm experimenting since I still feel too tired, and when I first had my surgery (why I need the pills to absorb it) I also took iron, so am going to try that too.

I've found when its cold that B12 helps cope too, though I'm not sure why. It is one of the support elements for the nervous system.

Old 01-30-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been taking sublinguel Methyl B12 lozenges for years. Many are deficient and it's important. I've never done injections as the 1000mcg lozenges do me good. now foods methyl B12 is my fav.

I've followed many with neuropathy pain and issues and the B's are critical.
When I first had the surgery which made it necessary, I got the shots, one a month. The dosage was high enough it was supposed to last. But I'd go into super energy a few hours after the shot. This would last for a few days, and gradually fade. The last week I'd feel very draggy. The sublinguel's work so much better since they don't overwhelm you with too much and fade off to not enough.

Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM

251 posts, read 154,110 times
While I don't take B-12 shots, I do drink B-enriched drinks several times weekly, and I eat apples more frequently for the potassium. I'm noticing a general uplift in energy without energy crashes, and much less cramping in my legs and feet. I think there's something to idea that food itself can be a medicine. Although I'm not giving up my doctor! Peace to all.

Old 02-07-2016, 03:06 AM

6,431 posts, read 3,248,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I've found when its cold that B12 helps cope too, though I'm not sure why. It is one of the support elements for the nervous system.
That would make sense since B12 supports brain function which would raise the metabolism. When I'm sleepy tired I feel cold in cool weather. B12 might prevent cramps by supporting nerve function - maybe?

Old 02-07-2016, 09:22 PM

33 posts, read 29,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Thanks to surgery, I'm supposed to take B-12 as a suppliment. I can't absorb it from food. I have to use shots or some form of sublingual absorbtion. It's considered a 'vitamin' even when I had insurence so unless I got shots it wasn't paid for. I've used the sublingual type for some time, too, since shots give you a giant charge and it gradually winds down until the month runs out. The pills even things out a lot better.

I ran out a few months ago, and forgot to order them, and felt okay so I thought I'd see how it went. But I've been really really tired and decided to start again.

I've taken one. I feel super energized. I can't sit still. My body must have been really needing it. But I realize I don't feel DOWN. Lately, the down part of the bp2 has been winning. I keep ruminating about stuff, you know the stuff you can't control? And stuff I can but anything negative I just get depressed and numb.

I had tried a st john's wart pill, which doesn't have the over wallop of 'regular pills' on me. It helped but I still felt tired and couldn't concentrate right. That 'what if world' felt like it was floating just beyond. The st. john's wart pills don't seem to have the absorbtion problem of all the 'legit' psych stuff, which either hits me like a giant thud, or doesn't do much at all, if it absorbs or doesn't.

But I feel so GOOD right now. Not 'high' good, but feeling positive. I have energy, maybe to much and I'm a bit manic. Just a bit. I'm hoping it will keep me energetic. It's also magic in the effect on joint aches, better than taking nsaids.

Has anyone taken b12 on a regular basis and had positive results other than having more energy?

This is the type I take. The B-12 is in a form much easier for the body to absorb than most, as most versions of sublinguals use the form that the body converts to this one. I have found its much more effective.

Amazon.com: Methylcobalamin B12, Sublingual Vitamin B-12 5000mcg - 120 Tablets: Health & Personal Care
I'm prescribed Folic Acid, B-12, Potassium from time to time and Vitamin D when mine pluments.
My body will not absorb them due to a form of Anemia I aquired while in the military.
Now the VA is thinking something else is wrong....that my body is basically rejecting *most* nutrients through food. Don't ask me what in the f@ck is wrong, I get labs run on Feb 11th.
But to answer your original question, yes, taking B-12 will in fact make you feel upbeat.
If you read any energy drink you will see HUGE amounts of B-12 in them.

Also, make sure to have your Vitamin D checked {through blood sample}.
No energy, depression, moodiness, joint pain is generally caused by very low levels of Vit D and can be easily prescribed in IU {International Units}

Old 02-17-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfour View Post
nightbird47, how soon after taking it do you start to feel the affects?
Because of the way its directly absorbed, very quickly. Its actually absorbed directly into the blood supply through the very thin skin under the toung, which is why that's where you put them. If it takes longer, though, don't take a second but give it some time. When my legs got really cold and my feet got bad cramps I did that, but it was a special case.

The ones I mentioned seem to cost a lot more than the drugstore kind, but you get a lot of them and they last four months.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:05 PM

566 posts, read 934,845 times
Any one tested for this??:

http://http://mthfr.net/

Everything You Need To Know About B12 Deficiency - mindbodygreen.com

Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 PM

758 posts, read 976,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
The first link took me nowhere...LOL
The other link is interesting. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or