U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 04:08 PM

83 posts, read 53,882 times

Advertisements

My emotions bring me to a brink of losing my mind, I get to emotional over nothing, I am wondering if I have serious emotional problems? I got over emotional today about a mix up with some of my prescriptions. These moods happen without a clue, then bang I'm off. I take Saint John Warts when that happens and in a few seconds I am fine. My wife say it's no reason for me to go off the handle like that. Any ideas on (why) I do that? Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 04:13 PM

6,319 posts, read 6,069,900 times
Its hard to say without some history.

Is this a sudden problem?

Have you noticed any other, even if random and unrelated, changes?

Old 09-04-2015, 05:22 AM

Default I have been emotional all my life.

My emotions () as of late seem to control me and not vice versa. I am worried because my family has seen it and they to are concerned. I have spells of being exsteamley tired and worn out. I sleep twelve to fourteen hours a day sometime. I want to know why? Any thoughts? Paul

Old 09-04-2015, 02:36 PM

657 posts, read 330,789 times
Thoughts trigger emotions, even when the thoughts are subliminal. That's why you don't have a clue.
Saint John Warts help? They work like aspirin/anesthetic, they both relieve symptoms but not the cause.

How do thoughts go 'underground' or 'behind the scenes' ? Some people repeat affirmations till they are believed, then they no longer think the thoughts but are reacted to anyway.
When you learned to drive a car , you practised the thoughts, put the key in the ignition, put the gear in neutral, put one foot on the gas pedal, the other on the brake. Now you no longer 'think' those thoughts but they are still part of your driving habits.
Subliminal thoughts are very helpful but some are dysfunctional, like you 'flying off the handle' over little things.

Last edited by sakoz-2; 09-04-2015 at 03:12 PM..

Old 09-06-2015, 09:53 AM

Question You want practical results instead of theory ?

Two thought experiments: (to demonstrate ideomotor, Chevreul pendulum automatic reactions.)
1. Think of tasting lemon juice till you experience an increase of saliva in your mouth. ( you will swallow)
2. Think a thought that disturbs you; (feel some degree of emotion.)
After these thought experiments, do you need more proof that thoughts interact with your involuntary nervous system? Thought images are emotionally reacted to automatically.
The question is: "Can thought do the opposite as well; that is, curtail/abort emotion?

Old 09-06-2015, 02:44 PM

Interesting thoughts especially about the driving part. Wiil study them and get back to you. Paul

Old 09-06-2015, 02:47 PM

6,319 posts, read 6,069,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James View Post
My emotions () as of late seem to control me and not vice versa. I am worried because my family has seen it and they to are concerned. I have spells of being exsteamley tired and worn out. I sleep twelve to fourteen hours a day sometime. I want to know why? Any thoughts? Paul

You need to get to a doctor, stat.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James View Post
...., I get too emotional over nothing, I got over emotional today about a mix up with some of my prescriptions. These moods happen without a clue, then bang I'm off. My wife says it's no reason for me to go off the handle like that. Any ideas on (why) I do that? Paul
When you have a infection, germs/virus are present; even though you don't see them.
(Your unrecognized thoughts are like the germs you don't see.)
Your thinking a thought when emoting; (even if you don't recognize your thought.)

Write this down; and the next time you emote read this; " I'm emoting because I'm thinking a thought; EVEN THOUGH I DON'T RECOGNIZE WHAT THE THOUGHT IS ".

Paul: everyone has your problem, but NOT TO THE SAME DEGREE. On a scale of 1 to 10, you rate a 10, but most people rate lower than you.
Even if your wife only gets 'mildly' irritated/annoyed/frustrated, it's still the same process that you go extreme doing.

Remember Chicken Little? A cherry fell on his head, but he didn't see what hit him, he thought, the sky was falling, so he ran around yelling, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling".

Last edited by sakoz-2; 09-07-2015 at 09:33 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 10:12 AM

[quote=Paul James;41104361]Interesting thoughts especially about the driving part./QUOTE]

When children are afraid of 'bogyman', they do not 'recognize' they are reacting to thought.
'Telling' them is not the same as they 'recognizing' it for themselves. Does that apply to you?
'Telling' you you react to thoughts is not the same as you 'recognizing' it yourself.

Ask your wife,(when she sees you over emotional), instead of her saying; " It's no reason for you to go off the handle like that". To ask you; "Are you reacting to thoughts?"

When children 'recognize' reacting to the thought 'bogyman', they stop.
When you 'recognize' reacting to thought, you can/will stop also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or