U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 11:52 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,065,889 times

Advertisements

So your 4 plex doesn't have a garage you can pull into and shut the garage door?

I'd say a polite hello but have your hands full with stuff and say, I just can't stay and talk, sorry! Then continue to your door. Or call your phone in your place and magically run to get to it in time. I mean you can come up with some excuses or just lay it out -- I've been on my feet all day dealing with co-workers and I just need a break when I get home.

There is a neighbor across the street that avoided visiting with a few neighbors that were out chatting. She simply said, "I have to go get dinner ready." Since she said that I haven't seen her to talk to in . . . Eight years. She doesn't want to know the neighbors so we've left her alone.

Our neighborhood is pretty good about the visiting stuff. If you want to stop that's fine but if you can't then that's okay, too. You may ask them over sometime when you're rested and want company.

The time to get the manager is to see if another unit opened up for you to move into. But who's to say the new unit will be any better than this last one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 AM

5,347 posts, read 1,943,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman1982 View Post
Hello everyone,

I live in 4 plex complex where several of the tenants don't work while they are in their 30's and 40's. I have a stressful job teaching and it seems as though every time I come home my neighbors are outside wanting to talk and asking me to drink. Whenever I go outside, even to do my laundry, my neighbor seems to come where I am and want to talk about nonsense. It's driving me insane. They can't understand my cues that I sometimes I just want to go in. I hate it that everytime I'm outside one of my neighbors are always there. I live where there is an individual owner of the four plex and think I may want to break the lease even though my lease doesn't end until May. One neighbor above me is a prostitute and has a different guy over every other night. They are having loud sex from 2-5am every night that wakes me up. The last thing I want to do is call the landlord on people because they are so bored with their lives they would probably somehow figure it was me. It just seems as though I can't have my peace. Should I confront the neighbors? Seems like I don't think that's the best idea since they all have criminal histories. Or should I just try to move and break the lease? This is just making me go insane.
Whilst we're gossiping...
What would your neighbors say about you that you would concede is true.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health