U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 02:08 PM

18 posts, read 14,251 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I live in 4 plex complex where several of the tenants don't work while they are in their 30's and 40's. I have a stressful job teaching and it seems as though every time I come home my neighbors are outside wanting to talk and asking me to drink. Whenever I go outside, even to do my laundry, my neighbor seems to come where I am and want to talk about nonsense. It's driving me insane. They can't understand my cues that I sometimes I just want to go in. I hate it that everytime I'm outside one of my neighbors are always there. I live where there is an individual owner of the four plex and think I may want to break the lease even though my lease doesn't end until May. One neighbor above me is a prostitute and has a different guy over every other night. They are having loud sex from 2-5am every night that wakes me up. The last thing I want to do is call the landlord on people because they are so bored with their lives they would probably somehow figure it was me. It just seems as though I can't have my peace. Should I confront the neighbors? Seems like I don't think that's the best idea since they all have criminal histories. Or should I just try to move and break the lease? This is just making me go insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 02:30 PM

81 posts, read 75,785 times
I agree that you shouldn't complain to the landlord. They will know it was you and it won't make anything more peaceful. Right now they like you and are too " friendly" , I imagine it would be worse to have them hate you.

Winter will be here soon and maybe they will be inside more and you can ride it out until May. I would try and stay until the lease is up if I could.

Old 09-16-2015, 03:08 PM

6,319 posts, read 6,067,310 times
Move.

Old 09-16-2015, 04:52 PM

6,311 posts, read 5,136,406 times
May will be here before you know it. Stick it out and just stopping giving cues when you don't want to visit simply say you betterheD to your place because you have some phone calls you still need to make today.

Old 09-17-2015, 05:15 PM

3,700 posts, read 3,083,226 times
If the prostitute's clients drive to your area, put little notes on their car windows saying she has AIDS or something?

Old 09-27-2015, 07:32 AM

112 posts, read 108,243 times
No need to be rude to them, they are living in the same complex as you so they can do whatever it feels to make them feel at home just like how you would want to feel like. Drinking coffee may help you relieve your odd stress issues otherwise it will just be ongoing until depression.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:26 AM

739 posts, read 376,580 times
As far as the neighbors wanting to talk, gossip and drink, tell them when you come from work...you are tired and have to catch up on some sleep and you have a stressful job. The problem is they cant relate because a lot don't work, but it is what it is.

As far as your neighbor who is a prostitute, I don't know what to tell you about that one. But I know that sucks.

Try looking for another place to live and move when your lease is up...that is if you can last that long.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:48 AM

86 posts, read 105,651 times
Move now before you get caught in the middle of something bad, like a deal gone bad, it might be something worse than prostitution (drugs). Report the activity to the police. Make recordings of the noise and take it to your landlord, tell them you notified the police of the criminal activity. If the landlord is decent they should let you break the lease. But get out.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:54 AM

6,473 posts, read 14,486,406 times
OP move. Eventually people like this will break into your pad and steal all your stuff. Ok well maybe not them, but one of their guests. Did you move there without checking out the area first? Likely you'll have to pay 2 mos rent to get out of the lease...IF the landlord lets you out.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:53 PM

6,832 posts, read 12,370,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathman1982 View Post
Hello everyone,

I live in 4 plex complex where several of the tenants don't work while they are in their 30's and 40's. I have a stressful job teaching and it seems as though every time I come home my neighbors are outside wanting to talk and asking me to drink. Whenever I go outside, even to do my laundry, my neighbor seems to come where I am and want to talk about nonsense. It's driving me insane. They can't understand my cues that I sometimes I just want to go in. I hate it that everytime I'm outside one of my neighbors are always there. I live where there is an individual owner of the four plex and think I may want to break the lease even though my lease doesn't end until May. One neighbor above me is a prostitute and has a different guy over every other night. They are having loud sex from 2-5am every night that wakes me up. The last thing I want to do is call the landlord on people because they are so bored with their lives they would probably somehow figure it was me. It just seems as though I can't have my peace. Should I confront the neighbors? Seems like I don't think that's the best idea since they all have criminal histories. Or should I just try to move and break the lease? This is just making me go insane.
I'm a geek and my solution to nosy people particularly neighbors or coworkers is to only talk about geeky stuff like computer programming, Anime, etc. whenever they engage me in conversation and I don't feel like it. If they seem to be interested (not very likely) then great, I have a new buddy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health