U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2015, 06:58 AM

1 posts, read 774 times

Advertisements

It seems like everytime something good MIGHT happen it doesnt. I already noticed i had horrible luck this past winter so i learned to not get excited about upcoming events because it usually wont happen. Now even if i THINK something will happen it wont. Ill even try to tell myself in my head that its not going to happen but i overthink it and start to beleive that BECAUSE i told myself it wont happen it will. Its getting really bad its like an endless thought proccess and sometimes i cant even sleep. Does anyone know whats wrong with me or how to fix it ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 03:20 AM

17,640 posts, read 5,914,106 times
Gracef9714, your question would probably get more and better responses if you posted it in the Psychology forum. It sounds to me like you have an anxiety disorder, though. These are very common but treatable. Is there any possibility you could be seen by a mental health professional? Good luck.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:13 PM

3,869 posts, read 2,630,035 times
Yeah it does sound like anxiety and maybe a really long streak of bad luck is making you think that way. Talk to your doctor about it and see if they can help with the anxiety or help you figure out what's going on.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:20 AM

19,019 posts, read 22,755,891 times
I'm absolutely sold, lock-stock-and-barrel, on the value of negative thinking, as it's done wonders for me, over the years!

Never do you find me straying into positive thinking territory, as it's a recipe for it never happening!

I'm going to stick to my guns 'til the very end, always thinking the worst possible is going to happen, and? oddly enough, it never does!

I would never, in advance, tell anyone I was traveling here or there, I always tell them when I've returned, and, as to be expected: You didn't say anything about traveling here or there!

I did that one time, I learned a good lesson from it, I was telling everybody and anyone I was going to Europe for a vacation, and due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to cancel it!

Old 09-24-2015, 01:34 PM

549 posts, read 464,783 times
Luck doesn't exist. The universe is not an entity out to get you. Nor does it owe you or anyone anything. In terms of universal law there is no one more deserving of rewards than anyone else, it's all Random chance. Once you can accept that you can accept your life as is. I am having a crappy month myself. I am dealing with a double dose of rejection, from my former fiance (who keeps stirring up trouble even after 1.5 years apart, intentionally or not, he's playing hot and cold games) AND I just found out I was passed over for my dream job, which would have more than doubled my salary. It sucks. Just keep dusting it off. I was overdosing on anxiety yesterday but at least today...well, it's always a new day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or